State of the Org - 10-13-10

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Re: State of the Org - 10-13-10

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:33 am

Kariudo wrote:...it's the online option in the alert system, I think alert stuff is also posted to an RSS feed
But the email system is completely broken, right? I stopped getting email alerts for new ops and QCs around the same time I stopped getting emails when people PM'd me. I was hoping that was one of the things that would be worked on during this revamp. If it's already been fixed, and it's just my spam filter acting up, please let me know so I can change my org email address to one that will work. ^^;

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:46 am

yeah, emails are still broken. It's not really an org code thing though and probably falls more into derobert's realm, so...yeah.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:48 am

i get e-mails for PMs...

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 am

To be honest, I went to YouTube to get noticed a little more. I feel there are so many videos on here that unless you really stand out you just fade with the rest. I think people need to be more supportive on here rather than attack amateur videos. I'm still learning myself, I do my best when rendering, but sometimes I just have to be happy with what I get and to make under 100mb. Anyways......had to get that out.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:23 pm

pan_dbgt01 wrote:To be honest, I went to YouTube to get noticed a little more. I feel there are so many videos on here that unless you really stand out you just fade with the rest.
Wait. Hosatchel has craploads more AMVs and videos in general than we do here. How is it more conducive to getting noticed?

(I am quite curious about this, as currently I only put my own videos in YouTube in order to do so before anyone else can, so as to prove that they're mine.)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Scintilla wrote:
pan_dbgt01 wrote:To be honest, I went to YouTube to get noticed a little more. I feel there are so many videos on here that unless you really stand out you just fade with the rest.
Wait. Hosatchel has craploads more AMVs and videos in general than we do here. How is it more conducive to getting noticed?
Look at it this way: you send an AMV to a con. People like it and want to see it again/show it to their friends. YT is the first they will go to look for it, as I'm pretty sure most of the con audiences don't know about the org. Plus it's more accessible.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Kosmit wrote:
Scintilla wrote:
Look at it this way: you send an AMV to a con. People like it and want to see it again/show it to their friends. YT is the first they will go to look for it, as I'm pretty sure most of the con audiences don't know about the org. Plus it's more accessible.
Then the reason why you go there for AMVs is because it's the first place people look, NOT because there are more AMVs on the org, which was the original argument.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

pan_dbgt01
Org Profile

Post by pan_dbgt01 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:10 pm

Maybe I will enter a con. I have never done that before. I am considering Anime North when the info is posted.

RazorX
Org Profile

Post by RazorX » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:26 am

First off let me just say that after bein gone for quite a few years its nice to see that his place is still here.

That being said Id also like to say wow things have fallen, and yet at the same time some things havent changed.

I had hoped to come back here and see a slew of creative and new faces here as well as get in touch with alot of the veterans of this wonderfull hobby ( or for some more then a hobby). Only to have come back and see that things seem to be in such a chaos of bickering, people getting well off topic of AMV's, and (at least to me) it seems the fourms hardly seem to even talk about helping others with there AMV edditing or even people asking for said help. Just plain sad imo. Even this current tread seems to be going nowhere ( although i did skip past pages 6-9 i just couldnt take much more of what i was reading) anymore.

Now I dont mean to sound like a total prick but im being serious. Aside from a handfull of people that have posted prior to me, (who have given great ideas and even a decent disscution or debate on things) people here seem to want to just flame others...... why? Dont get me wrong i love sarcasim and jokes as much as the next guy but why not acually make it relivant at least?

Personaly I belive that the original post was a very important thing and did spark a few inteligent and well needed debates. and as im sure almost everyone can agree with is that there are big problems with the AMV comunity from both outside and inside forces. Are also partly to blame? Well both yes and no. depends on the individuals. Some try to promote with the best of intentions but draw the wrong kinds of people. Oh well it happens at least they try. Others dont for various reasons some good and some bad, cant really blame those people either. Point is Promote or dont its your choice. If you want to try to help others promote then help promote. if not dont flame them, constructive critisim is ok. but rememebr people cant hear tone of vocies in type.

I know this may seem like just a one big rambleand it may be to some, but this is com ming from a guy Who use to do this hobby alot, (still do but i have my personal reasons why ive not posted anything in years) but rember this if nothing else ive said. This is and for as long as i can remember a place for AMVs and for those who make them. and try to keep it that way by whatever means nessisary to keep things here true to what this place is about.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:24 pm

i get e-mails for PMs...
I want the emails Pwolf gets :/ some warning of pms rage would be nice. Or is that emails requesting for pms... either way it would be HIGHLY entertaining.
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Return to “Site Announcements”