Premiere Chop

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
bluepixel
Org Profile

Premiere Chop

Post by bluepixel » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:45 pm

I just made a video using premiere, except that in the playback and when I render it it is choppy...some frames will lag behind. This confuses the crap out of me because when I play the original source straight from premiere it works just fine! The original is an mpg, the new is DiVX AVI. Any help?

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:41 am

Premiere and Divx don't get along. Don't export to divx and don't try using divx as your clip source. As for the mpeg source, I found that premiere 5.x doesn't seem to be able to handle mpeg correctly.

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:48 am

i normally export to divx, i don't have a problem with it at all.
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:31 am

ZeWrestler wrote:i normally export to divx, i don't have a problem with it at all.
ZeWrestler may not have problems, but many other people out there do. Therefore, it's best to not export directly to DivX - even though a few people do it regularly, doesn't it make more sense to listen to the huge number of people who don't do it? :-)

ZeWrestler
The Big Ragu
Org Profile

Post by ZeWrestler » Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:38 am

i guess
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room, munching pills, and listening to repetitive music~Kristian Wilson, CEO, Nintendo Gaming Corporation

bluepixel
Org Profile

Post by bluepixel » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:00 pm

My source isn't divx, it's mpeg, and it will be choppy even while previewing it, but it plays fine when i just scrub. It seems like its hanging up on keyframes, but I'm not even keyframing! This is ONLY a problem with Premiere, I haven't had anything similar on any other software. Even we I try no DivX it still doesn't work.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:16 pm

I had this SAME problem a while back although no one was able to help me since no one understood the problem.
It's like it pauses while your previwing it in the monitor yet when you play the original it moves smoothly yet as soon as you cut it into the Timeline and preview it's choppy as hell.
This is a bad thing to happen wheny ou try to time it.
I scrapped the project and I won't go back to it till someone figures out what the hell was wrong with it.

Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

What footage is it? Mine was "On Your Mark".

bluepixel
Org Profile

Post by bluepixel » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:17 pm

Aw, man, don't tease me! I thought you actually had a solution...I'm using End of Evangelion.

DiemondDagger
Org Profile

Post by DiemondDagger » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:20 pm

Sorry :cry:

OmniStrata
Org Profile

export

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:42 pm

You DO have huffyuv right?

It's a good for export before compression... It's lossless. Sometimes I end up with BETTER looking footage than the original when I'm using it... :shock:

Then you compress your 1.9G + movie export using either Nandub, XviD (virtualdub), or TMPGEnc...

Or you can go the frameserver route, however, if you do, TMPGEnc won't handle manual keyframe insertion well.

You DO have a 40+gig harddrive right? Making AMVs needs BIG sources. For the record, you can hate me cause I edit exclusively in DivX and if you watch "Gimme the Beat", one can say downloaded footage does NOT suck... No, Premiere of mine doesn't crash while editing DivX and it don't get choppy either. ^_^
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”