Moving Footage from XP to OSX

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Moving Footage from XP to OSX

Post by dokool » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:34 pm

So, I'm editing my first AMV on Final Cut Pro and Motion - however, despite all the work Shazzy put into her guide, I've given up on preparing footage in OSX - Avisynth (and some much-appriciated help from JCD) have done the job just fine.

The problem now is getting the footage into a usable codec - OSX doesn't read HuffYUV or Lagarith, so what are my options? I know there have to be some people who have done cross-platform work before, any suggestions?

LantisEscudo
Org Profile

Post by LantisEscudo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:11 pm

In my experience, I've yet to find a better method than straight-on Uncompressed AVIs. I rip/filter on XP, use VirtualDub/VDubMod to save uncompressed clips, then transfer the clips to the OSX box over the LAN (turning Windows Sharing on for the OSX box).

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:55 pm

LantisEscudo wrote:In my experience, I've yet to find a better method than straight-on Uncompressed AVIs. I rip/filter on XP, use VirtualDub/VDubMod to save uncompressed clips, then transfer the clips to the OSX box over the LAN (turning Windows Sharing on for the OSX box).
Well, I suppose once I get them on the Mac I can convert to Animation or JPEGA or something else.

Oh, are you still interested in helping with the documentary stuff this weekend? Drop me an IM.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”