Importing images into VirtualDubMod

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Importing images into VirtualDubMod

Post by angelx03 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:42 pm

I'm just wondering. Is there a way to import multiple images into VirtualDubMod, and have each image be a single video frame?
ImageImage

Knightmrinarmr
Org Profile

Post by Knightmrinarmr » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:51 pm

You could just make those images you want into a GIF then import that.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:34 pm

you can load image sequences into vdubmod...but don't ask me how to make an image sequence.

Taruto!
Org Profile

Post by Taruto! » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:36 pm

Knightmrinarmr wrote:You could just make those images you want into a GIF then import that.
Too lossy, I'd imagine.
I'm not sure if there is away apart from manually loading each image and then clipping them.. though then again I've never tried.

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:42 pm

To load an image sequence, the files need to be named in a certain way that virtualdub can detect. How do you name them? I couldn't tell you off the top of my head, but here is how you can find out:
Open a small avi in vdub, and do file>save image sequence, and see how it names the files. Most likely they will be something like blah1.bmp, blah2.bmp, blah3.bmp, etc.

Just name all your images in the same way, then load the image sequence through the File menu.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:37 pm

Yes, they all need to be named sequentially. It doesn't matter what number it starts on, but VDub itself starts output at 0. They all also need to be at the same resolution. I don't know about bit depth, though.

Then all that's required is to open the first image in the sequence with the Open dialog - the rest will autoload.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:17 pm

why not just make an avisynth script for it? i can't think of how i would do it though.
ideas, zarxrax?
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:43 pm

Minion wrote:why not just make an avisynth script for it? i can't think of how i would do it though.
ideas, zarxrax?

Code: Select all

ImageSource("blahblah.bmp").Trim(0,0) ++ Image Source("blehbleh.bmp").Trim(0,0) ++ ...
The Trim() commands are only there since by default ImageSource makes the image display for 40 seconds worth of frames or something like that. Trim(0,0) takes it down to only one frame per image.

And the ... just meant that the ImageSource calls and whatnot continue indefinitely.

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:40 pm

Qyot27 wrote:
Minion wrote:why not just make an avisynth script for it? i can't think of how i would do it though.
ideas, zarxrax?

Code: Select all

ImageSource("blahblah.bmp").Trim(0,0) ++ Image Source("blehbleh.bmp").Trim(0,0) ++ ...
The Trim() commands are only there since by default ImageSource makes the image display for 40 seconds worth of frames or something like that. Trim(0,0) takes it down to only one frame per image.

And the ... just meant that the ImageSource calls and whatnot continue indefinitely.
Oh thats how you take frames from images in Avisynth. I was wondering if there was a way to do that ^_^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”