DON'T READ UNLESS UR A CODEC/VEGAS/AMVAPP GENIUS!!!

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:47 am

I still honestly find that the method of using VirtualDubMod to seek what ever your files are, AVS, DivX, what ever, and then exportint out short lossless segments works best. Cause you have full quality work files to toy with in Premiere and it doesn't take a monsterious ammount of space

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:20 am

DJ_Izumi wrote:I still honestly find that the method of using VirtualDubMod to seek what ever your files are, AVS, DivX, what ever, and then exportint out short lossless segments works best. Cause you have full quality work files to toy with in Premiere and it doesn't take a monsterious ammount of space
Not to mention that using them in your editing programs is MUCH faster. I can real-time preview in Magix with Huffyuv/Lagarith clips. And scrubbing through the segments is fast.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:45 pm

uchihaclan13 wrote:(Making it visible/watching anime with codecs is "decoding," right??? noob question, I know XP)
Yes, and what we usually refer to as "compressing" is "coding" or "encoding".
uchihaclan13 wrote:Why I used multiple versions? Because some of the Xvid codecs, like the most up to date one, only decoded some of the video in Vegas to make it Visable, and the other, older Xvid versions I added to that Xvids codec decoded the other clips that the up to date one didn't get.
Then you have a problem. XviD is reverse-compatible, so the newer versions should be able to decode everything the older ones did. I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that at some point in the past, you did a faulty uninstall, or installed a newer version over an older one and that's giving you playback problems with one single XviD. If it works, fine, but it's not a normal situation. Just remember to always uninstall a codec before installing a newer version (but in your case, if you have to keep XviD, do so)
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:32 pm

've said it before, and i'll say it again... if you are using xvid/divx to edit with you are either 1) stupid 2) don't know better 3) crazy or 4)being a dumbass but know the trouble you are getting yourself into...

Pwolf

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:33 pm

DivX and XviD are also just a bitch to seek anyway. (Though not as bad as some AVS scripts)

Vdub also adds one nice advantage for seeking in DivX/XviD files. Hold down shift and it only seeks between I frames. Fast as hell and it takes you to all the major scene changes.

uchihaclan13
Org Profile

Post by uchihaclan13 » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:39 pm

Pwolf wrote:'ve said it before, and i'll say it again... if you are using xvid/divx to edit with you are either 1) stupid 2) don't know better 3) crazy or 4)being a dumbass but know the trouble you are getting yourself into...

Pwolf
Such very motivating words.... >>*

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:46 pm

uchihaclan13 wrote:
Pwolf wrote:'ve said it before, and i'll say it again... if you are using xvid/divx to edit with you are either 1) stupid 2) don't know better 3) crazy or 4)being a dumbass but know the trouble you are getting yourself into...

Pwolf
Such very motivating words.... >>*
i would hope so... you encoding your source to huffyuv now? or even better... buying the dvds?

Pwolf

DJ_Izumi
Org Profile

Post by DJ_Izumi » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:47 pm

Use Lagarith, not HufYUV. >.>

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:46 pm

Hey, I used XviD sources for two years... he's probably option 5) lazy, like I was. Don't worry, people can learn from their mistakes.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

uchihaclan13
Org Profile

Post by uchihaclan13 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:45 pm

Option 5 sounds more slightly true.. >>* I mean, I wasn't born knowing what codecs were in my head...I had to find out asking somehow or some way... -_-*

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”