another noob vegas question!

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
salemshady
Org Profile

another noob vegas question!

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:34 am

i tried not to open up a new thread each time i have a question but somehow i get the answers once i post to an old vegas related thread... so here we go! its a simple one this time:
ok so lets say i have 5 clips named A,B,C,D and E in that order on the timeline.
lets say i am not happy with clip B . and so i delete B and want the rest of the clips (C,D,E) dragged to join A! how do you do that?
i tried highlighting the rest of the clips and dragging it to A (which looked very obvious), but it didnt work! would u kindly share your trick with me on how i could do that? ( and sorry for making it look like a complex math question .. couldnt put it any easier )

salemshady
Org Profile

Re: another noob vegas question!

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:35 am

salemshady wrote:i tried not to open up a new thread each time i have a question but somehow i get the answers once i post to an old vegas related thread... so here we go! its a simple one this time:
ok so lets say i have 5 clips named A,B,C,D and E in that order on the timeline.
lets say i am not happy with clip B . and so i delete B and want the rest of the clips (C,D,E) dragged to join A! how do you do that?
i tried highlighting the rest of the clips and dragging it to A (which looked very obvious), but it didnt work! would u kindly share your trick with me on how i could do that? ( and sorry for making it look like a complex math question .. couldnt put it any easier )
i mean i dont get my answers if i post on the older threads.. sorry

salemshady
Org Profile

Re: another noob vegas question!

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:35 am

salemshady wrote:i tried not to open up a new thread each time i have a question but somehow i get the answers once i post to an old vegas related thread... so here we go! its a simple one this time:
i mean i dont get my answers if i post on the older threads.. sorry

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:45 am

If you mean selecting more than one clip at a time, it's simply a matter of choosing the Selection Edit Tool (the cursor surrounded by a dotted box) on the toolbar above the timeline, and then dragging a box around all the clips you want selected. You then have to choose the Normal Edit Tool (which looks like a type cursor in front of a blue squiggle) to move them all.

I think that's what you mean, at least.

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 am

CrackTheSky wrote:If you mean selecting more than one clip at a time, it's simply a matter of choosing the Selection Edit Tool (the cursor surrounded by a dotted box) on the toolbar above the timeline, and then dragging a box around all the clips you want selected. You then have to choose the Normal Edit Tool (which looks like a type cursor in front of a blue squiggle) to move them all.

I think that's what you mean, at least.

AWESOME!!! thanks.. it worked just fine..

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:38 am

one last question for the night: what if i liked a transition effect that i love that is not there in vegas but on some other editing software? is there a way i can transfer the transition code or something and use it in vegas?
because if i remember right.... i actually could see a list of alll video effects that is available in my computer from other editiing softwares that i could see when i opened up the video effects folder for vegas.. its like it incorporates all other effects available in teh computer!! but offcourse i couldnt directly apply it on my video because they said some required files were missing.. i guess what i am trying to understand in short is that if there is a way i can use transition or video effects from other softwares through vegas by just copying the codes and stuff!! thanks

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:42 am

salemshady wrote:one last question for the night: what if i liked a transition effect that i love that is not there in vegas but on some other editing software? is there a way i can transfer the transition code or something and use it in vegas?
because if i remember right.... i actually could see a list of alll video effects that is available in my computer from other editiing softwares that i could see when i opened up the video effects folder for vegas.. its like it incorporates all other effects available in teh computer!! but offcourse i couldnt directly apply it on my video because they said some required files were missing.. i guess what i am trying to understand in short is that if there is a way i can use transition or video effects from other softwares through vegas by just copying the codes and stuff!! thanks
another question! how do i convert mp3 to wav? what i did was i took the amv i made .. opened it up with virtualdubmod and then added the song in mp3 in the stream list and then converted it to wav.. but the quality is still nasty. iam sure there are better ways to convert mp3 to wav! help

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:35 am

you can use a program like BeSweet to transcode your audio (not only to/from wav/mp3 but also ac3, ogg and a few other options)

or you could use the nullsoft disk writer plugin in Winamp
step by step instructions on how to use this method
just don't forget to change the plugin back to the direct sound output or whatever it is...or else everything you play will be converted (...and you won't hear any music while this plugin is selected)

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:09 pm

Kariudo wrote:you can use a program like BeSweet to transcode your audio (not only to/from wav/mp3 but also ac3, ogg and a few other options)

or you could use the nullsoft disk writer plugin in Winamp
step by step instructions on how to use this method
just don't forget to change the plugin back to the direct sound output or whatever it is...or else everything you play will be converted (...and you won't hear any music while this plugin is selected)
super awesome wicked cool!! thanks!

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:51 pm

salemshady wrote: another question! how do i convert mp3 to wav? what i did was i took the amv i made .. opened it up with virtualdubmod and then added the song in mp3 in the stream list and then converted it to wav.. but the quality is still nasty. iam sure there are better ways to convert mp3 to wav! help
You can use Vegas to convert MP3 files to WAVs. Start with an empty project. Drop the MP3 file on the timeline. Use File-Render As. Select the WAV output format with default settings (44,100 Hz, 16-bit).

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”