Why are my AVI files in Premiere coming out black?

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm not sure how that script works for you, I either get the error message "VDM doesn't know WTF FPS means" or the program crashes. :x I'll work on some alternatives, I guess.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:57 pm

Jeez, someone needs to install an edit option around here. VDM will take the fps=119.88 parameter, but not the ConvertFPS=true one. The program is of the opinion that you can't use it with DirectShowSource.

Btw, Willen, I don't know if your file is doing this, but with the FDecimate setting you have, MY file was dropping way too many frames to the point where hunks were missing. I only noticed because I'm running the same section over and over again to see what works best - mine's set on SelectEvery(5).

Of course, this could all be some grand conspiracy to ruin my MOHS AMV plans and you're giving me a bad script on purpose in hopes I can't work it out for myself and will give up in despair. Ha! Not going to work! :P

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:32 am

DriftRoot wrote:I'm not sure how that script works for you, I either get the error message "VDM doesn't know WTF FPS means" or the program crashes. :x I'll work on some alternatives, I guess.
It will probably work without the ConvertFPS=True just fine for DivX and XviD AVIs. I stuck that in because I was using a version of that script for the WMV9 AVI versions at one point and never took it out. I used to get that error message, but I installed the latest AviSynth version and it stopped complaining. AviSynth 2.5.6a
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”