Premier Pro Ratio/Resolution Help

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.

Postby Minion » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:55 am

once your footage is small, it's stuck like that. resizing it bigger will unly make it blurry.

usually i tell someone to read the guides, but since you already had it to the point where the footage is in premiere, i gave you the exact steps so you wouldn't pull out your hair.
after this though, i do suggest you read through some more of the guides.

just follow the steps i posted. doesn't take all the long
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby pathos86 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:23 am

Minion wrote:once your footage is small, it's stuck like that. resizing it bigger will unly make it blurry.

usually i tell someone to read the guides, but since you already had it to the point where the footage is in premiere, i gave you the exact steps so you wouldn't pull out your hair.

ok thanx very much for your help and patience, greatly appriciated :D
pathos86

Postby pathos86 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:42 am

Oh 1 thing im dying to know, why is it that the the ripped footage is fine when viewing in media players? ie. its fills the whole area. whilst when i export in PPRO it leaves space? this is what i really dont get...

i even made a new project with settings of 416x352 and 468x352, they are different, the top fills but it leaves space on the left and right :?:

care to clear this up please? :)
pathos86

Postby pathos86 » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:06 pm

Minion wrote:once your footage is small, it's stuck like that. resizing it bigger will unly make it blurry.

oh how do i go on about resizing it btw?
pathos86

Postby Kariudo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:17 pm

you can either use
lanczosResize(int width, int height) in AviSynth
or use the resize filter in virtualDub(/Mod) (you should use lanczos3 in vdub/mod...but if you have lanczos4, use it)

I believe premiere adds borders to anything not in the DAR&PAR of the project (720x480 4:3 in your case I believe).
If it [meaning premiere] has to resize, you may have borders put in automatically (as much as they may suck...but it's better than the alternative)
ImageImage
Kariudo
Twilight prince

Postby Minion » Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:26 pm

he shouldn't have such a small size for a contest though. if he leaves it as it is or scale sit up won't make a difference. it'll look blurry either way since they play everything in full screen mode.
judges hate that shit.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes
Minion

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:01 pm

You could always scale every image up to the correct frame size. You're going to get some quality loss there though. In fact, anything asside from re-ripping will produce a quality loss because the video was ripped with inproper frame size to begin with.
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2014 & Head of the AAC Fan-works Theater - follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AACFanTheater
:sorcerer: :sorcerer: |RD: "Oh, Action!" (side-by-side) | |
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Previous

Return to Video Software Help Archive