Problem with VirtualDubMod Output (repeated frames?)

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
MajinZero
Org Profile

Problem with VirtualDubMod Output (repeated frames?)

Post by MajinZero » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:03 pm

It's been a couple of years since I last engaged in any significant video editing, particularly in the AMV process, so forgive me if this has already been answered in one of the guides or anything. I'm currently reteaching myself the process from practically scratch.

Anyways, to the problem:
I'm currently using method 1 for editing footage from A&E's guide (i.e. creating clips for source footage), and I've run into an odd little phenomenon in Virtualdub where some (key?)frames repeat themselves, causing a character or scene to repeat a motion or action every few frames, even in the avi clips I end up creating. What's odd about this is that it only seemed to occur in the latter half of the avisynth clip I'm working with in VD, or to be more specific, once the anime (FMA at the moment) reaches the credits and rolls into the next episode. Once I reach that point in the avisynth, these repeats occur both in the VD window and in the clips I attempt to create from that second half of the source footage.

If it makes any difference (and the source of the problem just may come from this), I've been using this script within the avisynth file...
mpeg2source("D:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\AMV Material\FMAvol3.d2v")
Telecide(order=1,guide=1)
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2)
...in order to deinterlace before I create the clips from VD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm

It may have something to do with the multiple angles the DVD has. Check your vob files and see if they do the same thing. If so, make sure you used IFO mode and not File when ripping. If you use file, it combines both angles and causes that jumpy movement.

MajinZero
Org Profile

Post by MajinZero » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:51 pm

Ah! That would explain it well. I just checked the Mode on DVD Decrypter, which was checked on File by default. I'll have to re-do the ripping process and doublecheck that this is the case. Other than that, you have my gratitude. :wink:

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”