What is the BEST video editer out there?

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:33 pm

They must've fixed something since yesterday~ I went looking yesterday, and if I found anything, it was an error message. Thanks, though.
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:09 am

What about Ulead Video Studio 10 Plus? I tried the non-plus version and it's among the few my computer's had no problems with (Magix keeps stalling and I keep getting error messages when I try to download the Premier Elements trial). The Plus-version is supposed to have 7 video tracks and it's still in my price range. Has anyone had any major problems with VS 10+?
"They say that there is no medicine that can cure a fool... I guess that's true." (Potion shop's old woman- LoZ OoT)

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:52 am

AngelOfTheDark wrote:What about Ulead Video Studio 10 Plus? I tried the non-plus version and it's among the few my computer's had no problems with (Magix keeps stalling and I keep getting error messages when I try to download the Premier Elements trial). The Plus-version is supposed to have 7 video tracks and it's still in my price range. Has anyone had any major problems with VS 10+?
There aren't too many Ulead users, but I haven't heard bad things.

The only program that I would recommend staying away from based on other people's feedback (I've never tried it myself), is Pinnacle Studio Plus 10. It was horribly buggy in the initial release. The latest 10.5 version may have fixed most of the bugs of the initial release, but most Pinnacle users suggest avoiding 10 (and 10.5) and sticking with version 8 or 9 (v.9 was a little iffy, too) if you prefer using Pinnacle Studio. The fact that it also only supports 2 video tracks is a giant minus also (the non-Plus version only supports 1 video track - avoid at all costs).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

KholdStare88
Org Profile

Post by KholdStare88 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:30 pm

If you've just started, then I recommend making a few (2 or 3) on the free Windows Movie Maker first then I would recommend Adobe Premiere Pro.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:34 pm

best for a beginner - pinnacle 7. every version above this is crap.
my personal choice is premiere though. i'm on 6.5
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:23 pm

I haven't just started- I've already made 3 videos (and I've gone through even more versions of those three to try and perfect them, though I'm still improving.) I just haven't posted them here because they technically aren't "anime" music videos. The first two are Teen Titans themed, because, with much thanks to my boyfriend, they were the only episodes of anything I had on my computer (he gave me a disk I didn't need a ripper for.) I made those two with WMM, and while I enjoyed editing, it's a little limited and it keeps crashing. (thus my search) My third vid was with Beauty & the Beast to the song Kissed By a Rose, and was made on a free trial of Ulead Video Studio 10.

If anyone's interested, my videos are on youtube.com. My screenname there is GoddessMartel. I've only posted the first two so far, even though the last one I made is my favorite yet.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, though. I greatly appreciate all your help. ^_^

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:01 am

How does Premiere elements differ from Pro?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:05 am

Orwell wrote:How does Premiere elements differ from Pro?
Having a copy of both, elements is like.... premiere jr. where you have a lot of simple presets and minimal control over them. If you attempt anything beyond what they give you then be prepared for a lot of workarounds. For simple editing it's not bad, just don't try to get too involved with anything more than cut and paste. Compared to WMM though i'd say it is a step up.
<----Place Holder---->

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:24 am

ChronoWraith wrote:
Orwell wrote:How does Premiere elements differ from Pro?
Having a copy of both, elements is like.... premiere jr. where you have a lot of simple presets and minimal control over them. If you attempt anything beyond what they give you then be prepared for a lot of workarounds. For simple editing it's not bad, just don't try to get too involved with anything more than cut and paste. Compared to WMM though i'd say it is a step up.
well... the first thing i noticed about elements was that it pretty much had EVERYTHING i needed to make a very simple video... it only gives you 3 tools, all of which were the ones i only used. All my videos are simple so if had to use elements, i probably wouldn't mind... and i did use it... and i made a video that a respectable amount of people really liked.

The only thing i really hated about Elements was that it's, what Chrono said, "Premiere Pro Jr." Premiere Pro sucks IMO and Elements has all the suckiness with it. 6.5 ftw. think you can find 6.5 for probably about the same as Elements if not a tad more. and it can do everything Pro can do and then some as pro disables and removes some things from the previous version.

Pwolf

AngelOfTheDark
Org Profile

Post by AngelOfTheDark » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:42 pm

Biggest problem with premier is the price, though (see budget from 1st post). They don't call us "starving college students" for nothing. To afford my current budget I'll have to *shudder* eat in the dining hall for a couple months. *gasp!* So, yeah, if I don't want to die of malnutrition I'll stick to my budget.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”