primiere problem

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:42 pm

Cyco_Beaver wrote:
Minion wrote:if you have a fansub, i assure you it's not dvd quality. may look like it to the untrained eye though.
solution: buy dvds.
Really? I got the dvd's but their copy protected! I am not into decieveing copy protection, so i use fansubs. yeah, Premeir is not always happy with Xvid and stuff. I find it works perfect with Divx however
you tried to sound smart just now. doesn't work so well when you give bad advice >.>
i'm tired. i'll let someone else explain the - at least 3 things wrong with your post
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

tulipanooo
Org Profile

Post by tulipanooo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Scintilla wrote:
tulipanooo wrote:i renamed the .AVI file to use the .MPG extension and it worked out. the primiere opened the file. thank you.
*facepalm*

In general, renaming file extensions just to get certain programs to accept them is only asking for trouble later on.
tulipanooo wrote:i am a very beginner, could you tell me step by step?
Here's a step-by-step guide:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... meth1.html

Ignore the AVISynth part; just load your AVI files into VDubMod instead. The process of actually compressing the clips with HuffYUV/Lagarith will still be the same.

It worked out, THANK YOU ALLLLLLLL very much :)
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
my worn heart throbs so wildly
'twill break for thee

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:27 pm

Cyco_Beaver wrote:
Minion wrote:if you have a fansub, i assure you it's not dvd quality. may look like it to the untrained eye though.
solution: buy dvds.
Really? I got the dvd's but their copy protected! I am not into decieveing copy protection, so i use fansubs. yeah, Premeir is not always happy with Xvid and stuff. I find it works perfect with Divx however
Use DVD decrypter. I'll has a workaround for the copy protection. I have yet to have it fail.

Xvid, and DIVX are pretty much conceptually the same when it comes to editing. It's a compressed file. Vegas, might work well with divx and what all, but premiere hates it. Hates it like Gollum hates the sunlight.

Try to avoid using fansubs. They are usually compressed, lossy and tend to have those pesky subtitles in them. There ARE raw HD captures that are DVD quality, but somehow I doubt that you're using them.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”