need some help with my footage =(

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
sharpshooter188
Org Profile

need some help with my footage =(

Post by sharpshooter188 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:34 am

Hey guys im in a real jam and i was wondering if you guys could help me out.

i already talked to vicbond (im sure most of you know him by his works)
and he says theirs a problem with my codecs trying to convert to fast and screwing up the footage.

For some reason my footage all comes out like this when i play it on anything. Even the video im making now all looks like this. I really dont want to have to start over because the song is highly paced and heavily edited. On top of which i believe is very good at this point. Any other help is GREATLY appreciated.

note: im not disregarding vics advice i just cant find out specifically what hes referring to for it.

:cry:
damn it i dont got time for this crap!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:37 am

Some additional info would help us pinpoint the source of your problems. Such as: What codecs are you using and/or what codecs do you have installed? What program are you using to edit with? What programs are you using to play back these videos? Does this happen when you playback other videos (i.e. videos downloaded from here)?

The screenshot tells me there is a problem, but there too many unknowns at the moment for me to even guess why this is happening.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:13 am

I want to say it looks like you vertically resized your footage before removing interlacing (the first picture screams "blended scanlines"), but you'll have to give us more details.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

sharpshooter188
Org Profile

Post by sharpshooter188 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:07 am

whoops. yeah i guess thatd be a good idea.

well im using divx 5.2.1. for my convertion to yuy2.

vic says it will do as a good tool for that.

codec is a simple huffyuv 2.1.1.

all other codecs were removed as far as i know but it was like this before hand as well.

no resizing occured.

updated divx to latest version beforehand too. problems still occured.

huffyuv settings were set to all different settings and the same result occured

convert to yuy2 (this is bad supposedly so i tried changing the option)
predict to gradient (fast and best and normal were all selected. Same result)

tried reconverting with virtualdub. Same result.

the log file stated that while converting the RGB888 was being used during decompression.

As far as i know this is all i can come up with. if theres anything else you guys need please let me know.

program for editing is Adobe Premiere 6.0.

but as i said before the footage is coming out like this even in the windows media player and virtual dub as well.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:58 pm

So you're exporting FROM PREMIERE in huffyuv, or are the imported files in huffyuv? where exactly does the DivX part come in?

Does this problem only occur with the exported video or is your footage like this as well? And like Willen already asked, does this also happen with other video files that have nothing to do with your project?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

sharpshooter188
Org Profile

Post by sharpshooter188 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:21 pm

as far as i know none of the other clips i have tried fall under this problem. But i dont know if they share the same statistics.

and the codec that was used to pull them from the episodes and compress them was huffyuv.

the clips are like that now regardless. I can play them in anything and they look like that. be it in premiere or on a video player.

i cant even export the file from premiere. it says error -20 or something along those lines. then shuts adobe down cause an error occured.

Id send the files to someone but they are huge now having been decompressed in virtualdub.

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:38 pm

Premiere occasionally has a problem with YV12 huffyuv. Try converting the episodes to RGB24 or RGB32 before saving the huffyuvs.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Gepetto wrote:Premiere occasionally has a problem with YV12 huffyuv. Try converting the episodes to RGB24 or RGB32 before saving the huffyuvs.
There's a version of HuffYUV that does YV12 now?

You may also want to make sure the HuffYUV option that says "Always suggest RGB mode for output" is checked.

Also, if the input is DivX (which is in the YV12 colorspace) and you're using VirtualDubMod's "Fast recompress" to convert the clips to HuffYUV, then the HuffYUV clips will be in YUY2 -- with HuffYUV, YUV in equals YUV out.
If you want them to be in RGB32, you have to select "Normal recompress" or "Full processing mode" as your recompression mode, and then make sure that your HuffYUV RGB compression option is NOT set to "Convert to YUY2".
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:30 pm

YV12 Huffyuv is available through ffdshow's VFW encoder. I'm pretty satisfied with the stability and quality with the latest version.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

sharpshooter188
Org Profile

Post by sharpshooter188 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:37 am

also i dont have the episodes anymore i just have the clips.

i have SOME of the clips from certain episodes.

downloaded ffd and installed it. same thing.

im using virtualdub 1.6.11

im trying to convert the footage again. since i doubt ill be able to fix it through settings. but it keeps coming out looking the same on the output.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”