I need a little help

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
SSJMarKeD
Org Profile

I need a little help

Post by SSJMarKeD » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:25 pm

Hi all

I have all the episodes of dbz and i have an ideea about how should i make an amv but i have a little problem...does anybody knows a program that can edit .rmvb ?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:32 pm

I suggest you read my thread here

I assume RMVB is a real media container? If so, I sure as heck wouldn't edit with that. The quality is horrible.

Just say "NO!" to downloaded footage, Nancy Reagan would.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:56 pm

www.eo-video.com has a program that can convert realmedia to avi, which is an easier format to work with.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

SSJMarKeD
Org Profile

Post by SSJMarKeD » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:10 pm

1st of all...i read it ...2nd the quality isn't that bad...anyways its better than a downloaded episode

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:34 pm

SSJMarKeD wrote:1st of all...i read it ...2nd the quality isn't that bad...anyways its better than a downloaded episode
Well, if you read then you know you will have to find a way to convert the video to an editable, lossless avi codec such as lagarith or huffYUV. There are converters out there, but you'll need to do that to edit.

And as for it being "better" than downloaded footage, it is downloaded footage:
Wikipedia wrote:RMVB is an abbreviation for RealMedia variable bitrate. It is an extension of the RealMedia multimedia container format developed by RealNetworks.

As opposed to the more common RealMedia container, which holds streaming media encoded at a constant bit rate, RMVB is typically used for multimedia content stored locally. Files using this format have the suffix .rmvb.

RMVB files are typically much smaller in file size than their .mpeg formats, while still retaining reasonable quality. For this reason, they have become common among file-sharing protocols such as Bit Torrent. Support is now available in a wide variety of multimedia players, including the proprietary RealPlayer 10 and the open-sourced Media Player Classic, using an appropriate DirectShow filter.
Therefore, Teh Kio does not approve. |:
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

SSJMarKeD
Org Profile

Post by SSJMarKeD » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:41 pm

Anyways if i download them with any program the quality is abso-fcking-lutlly horrible and with my episodes i can view them full screen and it wasn't that bad at all

And another thing...does anybody knows another program that i can convert rmvb with?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:36 pm

SSJMarKeD wrote:1st of all...i read it ...2nd the quality isn't that bad...anyways its better than a downloaded episode
It is a downloaded episode, and of the worst kind.

If you type "RMVB to AVI" on google you'll probably get a billion matches with 50kb freeware executables that will convert your episode using horribly tuned standard settings that they probably won't allow you to change. But since RMVB is ugly anyways, that shouldn't be a problem because you can't un-suck it just by changing the container.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”