The Strangest Avisynth Problem

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Taskmasta
Org Profile

The Strangest Avisynth Problem

Post by Taskmasta » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:13 pm

I'm trying to import three separate .avs files into premiere 6.5. I ripped my dvds and indexed them with DGIndex. Premiere will only let me import one file at a time. The first file will work but when I try to import the other two it says "no audio or video data found". I thought maybe the other two files were damaged, but when I try to open them up by themselves they work fine.

Basically each .avs file works fine if I import it by itself. But if I try to import them one after the other, the remainding files don't work. Whichever one I import first always works no matter which file it is. Anyone ever have this prob?
Once again it's the life.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:24 pm

I've had a similar problem, in that Premiere stopped accepting any .avs scripts over and including 37, and would just output a black screen and an error message. The solution I found was to insert ConvertToRGB24(), and then it worked fine.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:40 pm

Does ConvertToRGB32() also work? Because if it does, then that would be faster to work with...
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Taskmasta
Org Profile

Post by Taskmasta » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:05 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried uninstalling avisynth and it's plugins but the problem remained. I tried uninstalling again, only this time I went in and removed the files and folders that remained even after I uninstalled and it seems to have done the trick. Now each .avs file imports no problem. Strange thing but I'm glad it's fixed. So to anybody who may have had this same problem try uninstalling avisynth as well as going into your premiere folders and deleting anything avisynth, restart and uninstall. Worked for me.
Once again it's the life.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”