video effects help

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
tarynn
Org Profile

video effects help

Post by tarynn » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:55 pm

For my latest video there's a scene I'd like to end with a flash that looks like someone has turned a TV off. Problem is I'm not sure how to do it. Does anyone have help and/or suggestions for me? I'm working in Premiere Pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:44 pm

im thinking just a bright white flash that shrinks into a horizontal line or a circle - a sound effect would be key.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:48 am

There is a scene in Lain that does this. I think it's at the end of the last episode (#13).

jediphoenix
Org Profile

Post by jediphoenix » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:50 pm

What you could try is to animate it yourself...that is, first start with a blank white screen, then a few frames later have it go to a frame with less white on the top and bottom. Continue doing this every few frames (or less than that, depending on how fast you want it to be) and end with a white horizontal line. You could then leave it at that, have it fade, or then continue animating it to retract from the left and right sides to a dot and then fade.

A little time in photoshop and you should have the necessary frames to do the animation. If it still looks choppy, add more transitions between the full white screen and the other screens as it continues to recede.

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Re: video effects help

Post by Mr Pilkington » Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:56 pm

tarynn wrote:For my latest video there's a scene I'd like to end with a flash that looks like someone has turned a TV off. Problem is I'm not sure how to do it

This is a pretty basic concept. I can think of at least 5 things right off the top of my head that can do this effect. I am assuming you don't know yet how to effectivly keyframe or mask so none of my solutions wil help you. Maybe you need to spend more item reading the manual, it give you all of the required info and even some nifty little hints that will help in future endevors.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”