The new programs

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
EBwiz
Org Profile

The new programs

Post by EBwiz » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:23 pm

So after a 2 year hiatus and about 5 failed videos, I'm finally getting back into video editing. I'm working on my newest video now, but I have a question. I still currently using the old AMVApp, the AVISynth 2.5 (I have no clue if there's been a new addition or not), Premiere 6.0 and working off a combination of VicBond's guide as well as the Org's guide... is there ANY REALLY good reason I should update my guide/premiere/App instead of just going what's worked extremely well for me in the past?
Founder of Digital Relay and <A HREF="http://digitalrelay.8m.com/arcadia.html">Arcadia Studios</a>
Anime Music Video Advice AKA: Stuff I learned as a Newbie:
- NEVER use Windows Movie Maker
- NEVER Ask dumb questions

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:07 pm

iirc, the old amv app used avisynth 2.0, not 2.5.
If that is the case then you should DEFINATELY upgrade.
And either way, its always a good idea to upgrade. Upgrade typically means better.

Coderjo
Org Profile

Post by Coderjo » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:02 pm

If you don't know what version of AVISynth you have, you can always make a quick avs file with the following line:

Code: Select all

Version
and load it up in vdub or whatever. This script will create a 10 second long clip showing the version number of the currently installed AVISynth.

EBwiz
Org Profile

Post by EBwiz » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:17 pm

To Clarify:

I have old AMV App with 2.5 AVI Synth because of the old "Unrecognized file" error in premiere. So my 2nd question becomes:

Will upgradeing mess up any current project I have on queue?
Founder of Digital Relay and <A HREF="http://digitalrelay.8m.com/arcadia.html">Arcadia Studios</a>
Anime Music Video Advice AKA: Stuff I learned as a Newbie:
- NEVER use Windows Movie Maker
- NEVER Ask dumb questions

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”