Video aspect ratio - video size to fit drawn picture size

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Darci-San
Org Profile

Video aspect ratio - video size to fit drawn picture size

Post by Darci-San » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:51 pm

hello!

I'm having a bit of trouble.. and seeing how i'm not all that wise to the ways of Adobe Premiere pro (7.0).. i could really use some help.

I'm making a new video with pictures i draw that are 600x300 (wide screen type look) but when i try to customize the size of the video area.. i get large black colums on both sides of my video.. and it squishes my pictures a bit ... if anyone has seen my first video you'll see what i mean... that one also had that problem...

so i was wondering if there was a way to fix this... I've seen other video's with customized sizes, and was hopeing i could find any way to get my pictures to fill the intire area... since squished art isn't pretty...

any help would be much loved

Darci

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:10 pm

Click on your file when you put it on the timeline, then the Effects Control part should be on your screen, and then you just play with the scale height and width options.

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:40 pm

Wide screen has an aspect ratio of 16:9 (around 1.78:1), your art has 2:1.

So you'll have either black borders at your vid, a sqished art or a mix of both.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:21 pm

Make sure you've set a pixel aspect ratio of 1.0 (Square Pixels) in Premiere's project settings and also for each image you import. (If a number of them show up in the library as being interpreted with some other ratio, just select all the affected images, right-click and select "Interpret Footage...", and then force them all into Square Pixels (1.0).)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Darci-San
Org Profile

Post by Darci-San » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:12 pm

ahhh 1:0 !!! that worked!! thank-you very much!

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”