a music video maker

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Gemberkoekje
Org Profile

Post by Gemberkoekje » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:16 pm

bum wrote:And one last thing, making amv's is illegal. So know that before you start.
Why are we going to all the trouble of buying DVD's and all if it's illegal in the first place :?
BakaNeko.nl!

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:55 pm

Kalium wrote:You would be surprised what a 12 year old kid is capable of.
themaan is around that age (think he's 14) and NDW is near there too. So kids can be pretty good techies/editors. But as to the subject, free editors...hrm.

There is this program, which is NOT free but is very cheap. Maybe your parents might want to get into editing home movies or something? :)
Life's short.
eBayhard.

navs92
Org Profile

Post by navs92 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:36 am

nah my parents r accountants but there is this thing which i can get for £7.00 if i buy this software for windows from serif so i might do that if my parents let me but now i am confused with ftp cos it is not connecting for some reason even with the password thingy i used i dunno wat happened can u help me? tanks if ya do and plus the dude who said 12 yr olds r capable of something tanks cos i ain't to bad at makin music vids but can u please tell me wat "hits" r and why it has (11) next to my music vid sumtimes? tanks if u answer all my questions
just can't be assed to put it in

trythil
is
Org Profile

Post by trythil » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:54 am

navs92 wrote:nah my parents r accountants but there is this thing which i can get for £7.00 if i buy this software for windows from serif so i might do that if my parents let me but now i am confused with ftp cos it is not connecting for some reason even with the password thingy i used i dunno wat happened can u help me? tanks if ya do and plus the dude who said 12 yr olds r capable of something tanks cos i ain't to bad at makin music vids but can u please tell me wat "hits" r and why it has (11) next to my music vid sumtimes? tanks if u answer all my questions
...My God. That's worse than cellphone text messaging.

Er, anyway.

By FTP, are you specifically referring to uploading videos to animemusicvideos.org?

"Hits" are the number of types a video description has been viewed by a person not linked with your account. That is, it's either someone besides you or you viewing it while not logged in.
bum wrote: Thy, I dont think a 12 year old kid is capable of installing windows, let alone linux :P
Yeah. I take back the suggestion.

navs92
Org Profile

Post by navs92 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:18 am

o yeh u said about installing windows me didn't do that my bro did he is studying i.t. in university he completed his first couse he is studying html and flash now cool init wish i could study that
just can't be assed to put it in

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:29 pm

navs92 wrote:o yeh u said about installing windows me didn't do that my bro did he is studying i.t. in university he completed his first couse he is studying html and flash now cool init wish i could study that
spelling and grammar >_< study that first

Gemberkoekje
Org Profile

Post by Gemberkoekje » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:14 pm

aznfs wrote:spelling and grammar >_< study that first
Not ment badly, kid, but try and at least use enters, comma's and points, It's not some short-message contest *witch i'm certain you'd be good at*
In fact i didn't really read your one-to-last post... It was just... unreadable...

Please Please pretty please?
BakaNeko.nl!

Tab.
Org Profile

GRAMMAR WHOARE

Post by Tab. » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:43 pm

Gemberkoekje wrote:Not meant badly, kid, but try to at least use enters, commas and points. It's not some short-message contest (which i'm certain you'd be good at).
In fact, I didn't really read your one-to-last post... It was just... unreadable...

Please please pretty please?
Fixed, partially.

NDW typed fine at age 11 |:

mantlepicture
Org Profile

Post by mantlepicture » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:31 am

bum wrote:Other than windows movie maker your only other free choice is the free editor from www.avid.com . But I think its restricted to DV footage, or something. $50 isnt alot of money considering the hundreds of dollars people spend on software and hardware for amv's. Not to mentions the money on dvd's for source footage.

read this http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/ If it sounds confusing then your gona have a hard time makeing amv's.

And one last thing, making amv's is illegal. So know that before you start.

mantlepicture
Org Profile

Post by mantlepicture » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:38 am

bum wrote:Other than windows movie maker your only other free choice is the free editor from www.avid.com . But I think its restricted to DV footage, or something. $50 isnt alot of money considering the hundreds of dollars people spend on software and hardware for amv's. Not to mentions the money on dvd's for source footage.
Avid Xpress Free is not just restricted to DV footage(there are even ways to use VOBs). But I do not recommend it. Avid is a great program. So great, that no other programs touch it. It is, quite simply, the best editing program out there. And that's were the problem lies. A 12 year old used to WMM would never know where to start(unless you are comfortable with the keyboard commands, Avid will be a painful experience).

Then again, if you have the dedication, go for it.

A big however though. Avid Xpress Free is an extremely crippled version. You only get two audio and video tracks, most of the options are greyed out(including many that professional editors require). It's good for beginners, I guess, but it is very limited. And it's still complicated for the beginner.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”