Sos!Windows Movie maker problem!

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
DumBunny
Org Profile

Sos!Windows Movie maker problem!

Post by DumBunny » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:31 pm

I'm not sure which fourm to put this in so I'm just gonna post it here.
Ok, I just got XP like a couple months ago and I've started using Windows Movie maker, I'm a quick learner so it wasn't hard to use the program but... Then it began getting errors everytime I added or tried to view a part of my music video. And I just finished now of my best AMVs ever and when I'm trying to export it onto my computer it gets an error at about 51%.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if anyone knows how to fix it! Because I'm really mad cause I love this music video alot but I can't share it with you guys.

If you know any information on this topic please help me.

nailz
Org Profile

Post by nailz » Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:43 pm

did you even LOOK at the other forums? There are 2 labled "HELP". Seems like a good place to go.
Ploink! Magic Cupcake! <a href="http://www.elvenking.net">Elvenking</a>. I'm sorry, I can't hear you over how awesome I am.

DumBunny
Org Profile

Post by DumBunny » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:03 pm

nailz wrote:did you even LOOK at the other forums? There are 2 labled "HELP". Seems like a good place to go.

ya but i don't know if it's a video problem or audio... and u don't have to be so snobby about it

badmartialarts
Bad Martial Artist
Org Profile

Post by badmartialarts » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:15 pm

Try defragging your hard drive. It might work.
Life's short.
eBayhard.

DumBunny
Org Profile

Post by DumBunny » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:16 pm

badmartialarts wrote:Try defragging your hard drive. It might work.
Defragging? I'm not sure what that is. I'm pretty sure but I don't think that'll help cause I just reformatted my drive like 2 months ago.

Pyle
Org Profile

Post by Pyle » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:20 pm

That's what he meant, 'reformatting'. Do that and it ought to work.

If that doesn't work (do that method first) try closing all open media windows.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:35 pm

Pyle wrote:That's what he meant, 'reformatting'.
No it's not and you know it.

Anyway:
Right-click on My Computer, select Manage, click on Disk Defragmenter in the left pane of the window that comes up. Select the drive you want and hit Defragment.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:53 pm

Wmm has regular errors producing videos, but when it stops in the middle like that, it usually means there's a faulty clip. Try copying the clips in the middle of your timeline and pasting them into a new timeline (less than 30second of clips). Try producing that. If it stalls again, you'll know it's a clip causing the problem. Trial and error should let you find which clip it is - once you replace it, the video should produce normally.

If you can't get any 0% produced at all, it's a memory problem. Unless you're producing to a high quality dv avi - in which case you might need more disc space. o.O

/and just a note - since you're having a problem with a program (wmm), you would place the topic in the 'software help' section. ^.~

ninja007
Org Profile

Post by ninja007 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:16 pm

are we talking about windows movie maker 2, cuz i have a different problem with it. i can't open my project, that one thing comes up that asks you if you want to send the error report. it comes up a lot and sometimes it will open and everything works fine. but that hardly ever happens so when it does open i have to do as much as i can regardless of what time it is. its really inconvinient and i don't know what to do.
ninja007

DumBunny
Org Profile

Post by DumBunny » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:18 pm

[quote="ninja007"]are we talking about windows movie maker 2, cuz i have a different problem with it.quote]

Ya we're talking about Windows movie maker 2. It's evil! :evil:

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”