Huffyuv prob

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Wyverex
Org Profile

Huffyuv prob

Post by Wyverex » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:00 pm

When I export in Huffyuv I can't read the .avi file created... Media Player stay stuck at the first frame.

I tried deinstalling all my codecs, including DivX ones and install Huffyuv only but it still doesn't work.

I also tried with other players such as DivX Player 2.0 but it says "cannot open avi file".

VirtualDub crashes when I convert it and TMPGEnc makes a empty .mpg file.

[one hour later]

I used the system backup tool in WinXP, set my computer as it was a week ago and installed Huffyuv 1.3.1 instead of 2.1.1. I still have a problem : when I export in Huffyuv using a bad res such as 533x417 it works (Media Player reads the file) but the vid's in B&W and distorded. If I use a proper res like 320x240 Premiere crashes...

I tried DivX too but Premiere crashes as soon as I add the file to timeline...

Sob... I'm thinking of formatting...

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:18 pm

Before you do a system reinstall - try going into the compression settings and using one of the other modes - if RGB is selected try YUV and vice versa.

It's worth a shot.

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Fri Jul 05, 2002 4:35 pm

K something changed : i can export in proper res (640x480) without Premiere crashing if I check "convert RGB to YUV" but... the vid's distorded too!

Again, if I don't check "convert RGB" Premiere crashes (except with bad res which give me the distorded vid).

Now in all the case I have this distortion problem. Better than crashes but I don't really want to export a distorded AMV.

Anyway Premiere seems to corrupt .ppj files more often than before (2 test-projects corrupted because of a DivX file) and I'm going to have a new DD in 2 or 3 days so I think i'll format anyway.

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:55 pm

May sound dumb, but have you tried to check the option "always suggest RGB for output"?

Also go again with Huffuyv 2.1.1 instead of the old version... I hope it will solve some problems :?
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jul 06, 2002 2:17 am

Also, try compressing something with Huffyuv in virtualdub to see if it's Huffyuv or premiere that is being the bitch.

If you can do it in virtualdub the you can either:

1) export as uncompressed and recompress as huffYUV later

2) go to www.videotools.de and get the premiere frameserver - it will allow you to server the project into virtualdub and get it to do the encoding.

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:20 am

The Premiere framserver provides a distorded vid and yes, Huffyuv is unreadable or distorded with VirtualDub too...

The only thing that works is DivX 3.11 (not even 4.12, 5.01 or 5.02) so I have my vid in DivX but I can't use it with Premiere (crashes), VirtualDub (crashes) or TMPGEnc (makes an empty .mpg file).

I'm going mad.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:24 am

You know... I dont know if it will fix the problems but conisdering the amount of crashing that your computer is doing, I recommend a reinstall.

Dose uncompressed not work?

Wyverex
Org Profile

Post by Wyverex » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:24 am

RGB uncompressed is distorded too :roll:.

I'll format on wednesday (wow 5 days without Premiere... crap where are my video games?...).

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”