Guides and AMVapp Public Alpha/Beta Test

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:21 am

I've not heard any problems like this one. A problem with loading avisynth scripts, yes but not a general error.

However there are reports of xvid causing problems with people who have windows media player previews enabled on their desktop.

Manganate
Org Profile

Post by Manganate » Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:41 am

Okay, I tested it on a different system and the app runs fine so it's definitely a personal computer issue.

Furthermore I also tested it to see if it was indeed AMVapp causing the problem and after several installations and restarts the culprit is pretty clearly AMVapp.

That said, which programs would most likely cause instability? I'm going through the installer again to see if leaving out certain packs like ffdshow or virtualdubmod would fix the error.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Imperturbable is my depth, and it sparkles with swimming riddles and laughter - Nietzsche

Skynet
Org Profile

Post by Skynet » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:03 am

Hi, sorry for my bad english, i search the script "beforeafter" where i can find it?
thanks

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:42 pm

Caught one minor thing on http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... tqual.html :
Good if you want to avoid that washed out that many smoothers can give.
Shouldn't that be "that washed out <i>look</i> that..."?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Imaginos
Org Profile

Post by Imaginos » Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:04 pm

Just a quick FYI -- I upgraded XP to service pack 2, and installed the current beta It seems to be working prefectly. Just in case anyone is worried about the upgrade

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:38 pm

Your AVISynth file should already be serving 352x240 resolution so just drag it into the main TMPGEnc window. Then, hit the "Load" button in the bottom corner and select one of the two profiles we've provided for you. If your AMV has been Inverse Telecined somewhere along the way (either before or after editing), select the AMV24fps.mcf profile. If you didn't do IVTC but instead chose to deinterlace at the end, select the AMV30fps.mcf profile
file not found error >_<

billy_wires
Org Profile

Post by billy_wires » Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:50 pm

I'm not sure if you improved this section or not, but perhaps you could link to this when referred to in this page near the bottom. That is unless I am completely stupid and the two pages make reference to completely different instructions.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:02 am

Out of curiosity, is my WMM2 guide still on the way to <s>destruction</s> integration?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:48 pm

I reinstalled Windows XP with SP2 and wanted to try out the new beta amvapp. (amvapp-20-RC6.exe)

The only issue I have seem to hit is that the mjpeg avi swap trick within Premiere (version 6.5) seems to be off a frame (in my basic test).

With some help from AD I the footage aligned correctly so my avi "clip slices" were exactly the same when the avi footage was swapped with avs scripts.

In my test:

- I created an avs and d2v with DGindex of Big O II Volume 1.

- Using Vdubmod I created an mjpeg avi from the avs script.

- I created a new project in Premiere 6.5 and imported the avi file.

- I made a slice of Norman from the intro with the fire background and placed it in a new bin I made. (Note: the 2nd frame of this slice had Norman's face with a blue background)

- I then saved the project and quit Premiere. I renamed my clips folder to clipsx. (to force Premiere to freak out)

- I reloaded Premiere and the project selecting the avs script as the missing avi.

- The slice was now 1 frame forward. Instead of the fire background, Norman's face was shown against a blue background... so the script appeared to be one frame forward. (so the avi had an additional frame the avs did not)

Anyone else hit this issue in Premiere 6.5? (or otherwise)

Code: Select all

mpeg2source("G:\bigo2\avs\bigo2_1.d2v")
Telecide(order=1,guide=1) 
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2)
AssumeFps(24)
Duplicateframe(1)
This is my working script in case it helps.
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Post by Paul Kievits » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:52 am

I decided to actually read the guide instead of just playing with stuff and asking questions *shock*

Anyway In the first part of the guide I discovered two minor flaws:

* On the page: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... video3.htm
In chapter : 3)Lossy Compression
It says "Wiindows Media Video" which should ofcourse be "Windows"

* On the page:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... deo4_2.htm
In chapter: 13) h.264 - MPEG4's big brother
The text after the titles "What it is:" and "The advantages:" is screwy, half of the text is printed in another size and font.

Otherwise it's been a enjoyable read so far...
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”