Guides and AMVapp Public Alpha/Beta Test

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon May 31, 2004 12:32 am

For the interlacing you hav to do it based on two things 1) what DGIndex has told you about the frame type and 2) What you can see in virtualdub mod.

If you read through the guide page by page and dont skip parts this should be clear.

I cannot highlight the differences between hybrid and telecined sources using still or even gifs. It's just not possible.

WilLoW :--)
Org Profile

Post by WilLoW :--) » Mon May 31, 2004 4:19 am

Not a big deal but it would really help if you change the date at the bottom of the guides for ALL the pages that have changed :oops:
For example this one :
http://amvs.34sp.com/guides/avspostintro.html

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon May 31, 2004 9:59 am

With the b-frames fix which particularly affected anime and the trellis fix, it would be wise to include a build of 1.1 instead of 1.0, since the UI hasn't changed at all yet :/
Then again, I guess we'd be waiting for a release by Koepi, which probably wouldn't happen for awhile.

I'll check out the guide then. I have to get on top of all this stuff, I've been a bit preoccupied with school ending and shit.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon May 31, 2004 12:30 pm

I'm considering including a gamrdev build in the app but I really like koepi's installer - so it's a hard choice at the moment.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon May 31, 2004 4:12 pm

OK I've updated the AMVapp to include a newer build of XviD that fixes the trellis and b-frame bugs.

The AMVapp basically runs the regular 1.0 installer and then copies the new dll's over the old ones. This allows all the cool stuff in the koepi installer to work fine and have an uninstaller etc.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon May 31, 2004 8:44 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:OK I've updated the AMVapp to include a newer build of XviD that fixes the trellis and b-frame bugs.

The AMVapp basically runs the regular 1.0 installer and then copies the new dll's over the old ones. This allows all the cool stuff in the koepi installer to work fine and have an uninstaller etc.
What you don't know is that I modified it to print subliminal messages about me on all encodes.

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Mon May 31, 2004 8:47 pm

Oh yeah, I'm not sure how the optimizations work, so there's no telling how much slower it is than koepi's icl7 or gamr's system-specific builds. I just do the default msvc6 compile :|

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:03 am

Yeah, I figured that, but it's not going to be vastly slower.

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:38 am

problem: i used the amvapp's test during the install, worked like a charm... afterwards i used my NEW .avs file created by DGIndex, and it didnt work (not unrecognized exeption, but a "filter problem" in zoom player, and "not enough storage" in media player).... tested a few things that didnt work.... ran tests again, same error.....i decided ro uninstall, reinstall.... test during the installetion came out fine, but when i used the avs file again, same problem.....

has that happened to anyone?

i have 512 RAM and i dont think thats the problem....

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:22 am

You didn't move the d2v files around after they were created in DGindex did you?

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”