Guides and AMVapp Public Alpha/Beta Test

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:12 pm

Okay, I'm really sorry for the triple-post, but Cy and I just found <i>another</i> problem with the bitrate calculation method described in ErMaC's MPEG-1 encoding page...

You start with 40 M<B>B</b>
40 * 1024 = 40960 K<b>B</b>
Divide by number of seconds = K<b>B</b>/sec

The problem is that the final value has to be in K<b>b</b>ps (in fact, it has to be in Kbps before we subtract the 224Kbps for the audio), but nowhere in the process is there a conversion from bytes to bits... you have to multiply by 8 at some point.

What sparked this discovery was when Cyanna told me that she was getting a negative number for the final result.

Now I'm <i>really</i> surprised nobody caught this in two years. :P
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Herbert West
Org Profile

Post by Herbert West » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:36 am

The "exporting huffyuv" pic is linked to your local harddrive:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... xport.html

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:38 am

Herbert West wrote:The "exporting huffyuv" pic is linked to your local harddrive:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... xport.html
Yeah, I know. I've got to update it with a few things but I dont want to do the current update until I'm more certain that the amvapp will be a little more XP friendly as it's not at the moment.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:03 pm

What is wrong with it? I recently upgraded to XP Pro with service pack 2 and things seem to work fine for me.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:45 am

Corran wrote:What is wrong with it? I recently upgraded to XP Pro with service pack 2 and things seem to work fine for me.
Well when I installed it on Quu's machine for use on DDR I noticed that the warpsharp version I was using wouldnt load, amongst other things.

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:51 pm

maybe i missed something but i think that the fact that crop values can only a multiple of 4 or "0" needs to be written somewhere... couse it took me an hour to figure that..... i checked the aivsynth documentation and the guide and didnt find a thing about it....
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:39 pm

CHAMELEON_D_H wrote:maybe i missed something but i think that the fact that crop values can only a multiple of 4 or "0" needs to be written somewhere... couse it took me an hour to figure that..... i checked the aivsynth documentation and the guide and didnt find a thing about it....
The multiples you use depend on the colorspace of the footage you are cropping. RGB footage can be cropped in increments of 1 pixel. Also the multiples differ between the vertical and horizontal resolutions. If you use the version of avisynth in the new betaAMVapp, an error message explaining the reason will be displayed if an incorrect multiple is used.

The Zero Saber
Org Profile

Post by The Zero Saber » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:21 am

Um, any idea when the guide will be completed and ready to use?

I havent posted on here in years...and havent made any none game amv's in a long time either. Just today I tried diving into it again, only to find that all the software I used to use has either vanished or it doesnt work anymore.

The Ermac guide was what really taught me damn near everything. I loved it. I was even the one to ask Phade to make a downloadable version because back then I had 56k, and sure enough he did within hours. I sure hope this one will be downloadable also.

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:03 am

The multiples you use depend on the colorspace of the footage you are cropping. RGB footage can be cropped in increments of 1 pixel. Also the multiples differ between the vertical and horizontal resolutions. If you use the version of avisynth in the new betaAMVapp, an error message explaining the reason will be displayed if an incorrect multiple is used.[/quote]

than that should be written... i have the betaAMVapp "amvapp-20-RC6" dont know if its the latest but i didnt get that error.....
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

loganwolvy
Org Profile

Post by loganwolvy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi!

Love the new guides, but I'm having a problem with AMVapp 2.0.

None of the tests after installation work, the AVIsynth ones, the colorspace tests...not a damn one. Only thing that worked was when it made the d2v file by itself.

Help!! =0)
~ Qaeadar D'Azeal

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”