AMV Software Lists

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:46 am

Here's a collection of links to all things Vegas:
"A Portal For Vegas Users"

Maver
Org Profile

Post by Maver » Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:09 am

don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein
one of the best video editiors if you want to do chroma key effects in any color you want, i've had some real fun with the software and the starwars blue screens. mind you its a little buggy at the rendering part best to just let it do its thing and don't touch the computer :wink:
"When its your time to go its your time to go, so lets get going!"

TGP hosting, slow downloads for those that have no where else to go. Email me for detals.

gaurgo
Org Profile

premiere pro 1.5

Post by gaurgo » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:23 am

I just attempted to try adobe premiere pro 1.5
D/l...unzip, insta...wait..O/S could not be ided, Adobe site check...Pro is ONLY compatible with Windows XP? (and Mac) Urg. Well, for those looking at the list, its a rather important info update. Glad I tried before I bought ^.^

bubblehead
Org Profile

Post by bubblehead » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:04 pm

Maver wrote:don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein
one of the best video editiors if you want to do chroma key effects in any color you want, i've had some real fun with the software and the starwars blue screens. mind you its a little buggy at the rendering part best to just let it do its thing and don't touch the computer :wink:
Well, I couldn't get the video and audio to play at the same time. Just one at a time. But maybe I'm just incredibly dense or something. Does work on XP otherwise, though it isn't listed as a compatible OS

About DDClip: once you get it to work (does work on XP, though it doesn't say so), it seems pretty good, though a little quirky and sometimes slow. Then you realize, in the free version there are no effects. NONE. Not so much as a fade. It IS nice that the video doesn't slide back to the start the way it does in Movie Maker, but otherwise... I want my fades!

Ah well, looks like I'll eventually have to buy a program... I'm not surprised.
My DVDs
http://www.google.co.jp>http://www.google.com
President of the Sequoia High School anime club!
I have a forum now. O.o Rabid Catgirl

emopunk1
Org Profile

Post by emopunk1 » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:57 pm

bubblehead wrote:
Maver wrote:don't forget the free stuff!
kazaa er i mean
Zwein-Stein

About DDClip: once you get it to work (does work on XP, though it doesn't say so), it seems pretty good, though a little quirky and sometimes slow. Then you realize, in the free version there are no effects. NONE. Not so much as a fade. It IS nice that the video doesn't slide back to the start the way it does in Movie Maker, but otherwise... I want my fades!
I agree, DDClip is good if you pretty much want the most basic free editor without having to resort to Windows Movie Maker, but you have to deal with no effects.

It seemed to run a little buggy though, when I had the Xvid codec installed, I couldn't preview any footage I had saved as a project, so now, I have to uninstall the codec every time I start a new project.

It also seems a little annoying to manually align the clips, especially when they are very small.

I think the pay versions have some effects though, but I just got Ulead, so hopefully I won't have these problems. :D

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:29 am

It looks like Sony has terminated the Screenblast line and replaced it with what they're calling Studio Products. These are "lite" versions of Vegas, Acid and Sound Forge. And they only run on Win2K or WinXP; the Win98 series is no longer supported.

Vegas Movie Studio is now bundled with their DVD Architect (I assume a lite version of that, too) for the same price ($100 retail).

Owners of Screenblast products can upgrade at reduced prices.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:58 am

MovingPicture Producer by Stage Tools is a program that "allows documentary and industrial filmmakers to pan and zoom on high resolution images...ala 'Ken Burns.' " Available as a plugin or a standalone program.

Home page: http://www.stagetools.com/

Review: http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/re ... aceno.html

alternative
Org Profile

Post by alternative » Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:23 pm

Could some one please tell me whats the best Mac Dvd ripping software
please :wink:
Alternative anime movies

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:32 pm

TMPGEnc MPEG Editor (Pegasys)
TMPGEnc MPEG Editor is a greatly improved version of MPEG Tool (included in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5). It has been reworked into a full-featured software offering fast, precise and easy cut-editing. This is possible thanks to the Technical Wizard interface and the Smart Rendering function. As it is compatible with DVD-VR(VRO), you can load DVD-videos you have made in the past, edit and convert them to MPEGs.
This sofware is recommended for people who need to cut-edit quickly MPEGs at frame level!

[DarkDreams]
Org Profile

Post by [DarkDreams] » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:12 pm

ah ok, this has probably already been covered but im relatively new at this stuff so bear with me please.

i have the DVD's i want to put onto my computer, and i also have Virtual Dub, to take the screen shots and such, but i was wondering how i actually get the DVD files onto my computer? i apologise if this has already been covered. I'm running Windows XP -im not sure if that makes much difference to the availability of files or not-

any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”