Re: What are you playing?

Post by Kariudo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Mass Effect

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm

Here's a list of things I pre-ordered ...

White Knight Chronicles 2
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7
Uncharted 3
FFXIII-2
Edit: Just Dance 3 and Everybody Dance

>>
<<
Last edited by Moonlight Soldier on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Purchased 2 new games to help me get through my internet-less and cable-less week and a half.

Firstly Dead Island. How can I express my disappointment in this game? I was expecting Left 4 Dead but longer, with a better story and more character background. What I got was the overwhelming desire to throw my controller out the window after my first minute or so of play. Due to walking. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if you're supposed to be feeling the effects of the alcohol, but either way, the game is nearly unplayable for me. If it's the latter, perhaps the devs should have thought "hmm well there's other games out there with drunk player characters, but they still walk fairly normally. Perhaps there's a reason for this..." If it's the former, well that's just embarrassing. And other than that, I'm not finding the game particularly fun, but I'll keep trying I suppose.

Secondly, I purchased Dragon Age: Orgins Ultimate Edition. I'm enjoying this title more, to say the least. I was expecting hoping for another Oblivion, but what I got was basically a combination of style and gameplay elements of KotOR, Mass Effect, WoW, and of course a bit of Oblivion. It's just good fun, frankly.
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

competitionbros
Org Profile

Post by competitionbros » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Yea, in the beginning you feel the alcohol and eventually it wears off (before you encounter any zombies). Also this game is more akin to a Fallout than a Left 4 Dead.

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:33 pm

I mentioned somewhere that I recently obtain a Xbox360. So for the past few days I've been playing the two games I have for it. Kinect Adventures!(came with the system) and Tales of Vesperia.

Adventures isn't that bad, I have a feeling I'll end up selling it after I finish it.

TOV a lot of fun and being one of the few 'Tales of' games I know nothing about (even during the marathon I couldn't watch it much since I had to get some sleep for my run) I'm really enjoying it. Through I'm noticing some similarities in TOV's story with the other games of the series, oh well that not uncommon. However I keep thinking of the PlayStation commands so I keep hitting my artes button, where on the PlayStation that just normal attack, and using up my TP DX

I don't think I'm very far, just met up with 'Flynn'. After I beat the game in English I may get the Japanese PS3 version.

Also I went to a neat used store called Exchange today and bought Alan Wake so I'll be playing that next. Then tomorrow its SMT: Persona 2 for the psp and next week ICO & SotC Collection for ps3 ^__^
Spoiler :
If anyone has suggestions for good Xbox and/or 360 only games that would be awesome. You can play old xbox games on the 360 right? Cause I want to get the xbox versions of Fatal Frame 1&2

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:48 pm

Mass Effect is a lovely adventure with amazing writing for the 360. :up:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:16 pm

I took advantage of the free distribution of Portal on Steam, so now my desktop compy has that going on. I'm not normally a PC gamer (my original Portal experience was with my brother's 360 + The Orange Box, neither of which are in his possession anymore), so I don't use keyboard and mouse controls. I use a gamepad. It's very frustrating not being able to look up or down. I only did a little bit of research on fixes for that yesterday, so I don't know if I'll find a workaround yet.

Also, I finished recording all of the footage from Bayonetta. I will get a video made out of this and ready for ACen next year. I read up on the game's wiki about all of the stuff I won't be unlocking by not playing Hard or above (because I'm a failure at that game, apparently). Some of it actually sounded like fun, but no thanks. I'd like to hold onto my last scrap of sanity that wasn't destroyed by Devil May Cry madness.

Still don't know what to play next. I think I still have a few things left in Chocobo's Dungeon (Wii) from ages ago, and I need to get Fatal Frame IV rolling again. Or I could, you know, GET A FUCKING JOB ALREADY. *sigh*

- Jen

Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies
Org Profile

Post by Fay-Sa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:29 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Mass Effect is a lovely adventure with amazing writing for the 360. :up:
No...I'm so sorry but I should have mentioned that I'm not into games like Mass Effect (or Fable,Halo, and Gears of War..might as well add them) I've watched others play it and I can already tell its not for me.

Thanks for replying/suggesting through. Also I hope you enjoy that game (sounds like you do and I've heard nothing but good things about it) but its not what I'm interested in. I was hoping for games that I haven't heard of for that system. Most of the known games that are for the 360 I have no interest in so I never really look at what it has. Again sorry I should have been more clear, my mistake.

Playing Alan Wake now...I'm amazed I can actually shoot well with a analog stick in this game...normally I'll miss badly and end up running in circles till I'm far enough to reload (flashbacks to RE4)...and yes I'm a sucker for Stephen King type stories, hell the guys name in the 1st line lol..so far I'm liking it -goes back to playing-

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:31 pm

Maybe Operation Darkness then? It's extremely unique and I've never really heard much acclaim for it. I'm not sure about much else. since Mass Effect, that and Assasin's Creed are the only games I have on the system. XD

EDIT: And to stay on topic. PLANTS VS ZOMBIES. How have I missed this all these years?!?!?!

gotenks794
Org Profile

Post by gotenks794 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:59 pm

Found a website (JR.com - Newegg.com supposedly has some too, if anyone's looking) that (supposedly) has The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 5th Anniversary edition in stock. I ordered it, supposed to ship on Thursday. I hope it does. I've been looking for a while. So I hope to be playing that some time next week. :ying:
MAC is a cosmetics brand. Mac is the superior computing platform. It's not an acronym.

Return to “General Discussion”