Video Capture Cards?

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
AMV_4000
Org Profile

Video Capture Cards?

Post by AMV_4000 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:29 am

Yeah, as the title specifies... im looking for Video Capture Cards... Just your basic Internal *or External* Composite Video Capture Card. Here's what it must do:

720x480 resolution
Avi and/or Mpeg 2 capture
High Quality Picture *i've seen some low quality captures at 720x480*
Preview *while captureing i want to see the video on screen*
Decent Price *under $200 should be easy*
other then that, i cant think of much to ask for, I'm just looking for something to record from camcorder to pc for LA music videos..
I have firewire, and usb 2.0 incase anyone finds an external... Also if its external it shouldnt require an external power supply.

thx!

Keeper of Hellfire
Org Profile

Post by Keeper of Hellfire » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:26 pm

What camcorder do you have? Hasn't it a Firewire output (called DV-Out or in case of Sony iLink)?

In case your camcorder has no Firewire output, since you have Firewire in your PC, really high quality gives you the Canopus ADVC 55 Mostly sold in the range of $200...$250 so that you have to find a cheap shop to fit your limit, but if you are student it is available a bit cheaper.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:44 am

nothing else?? i was thinking maby the DC 10+ that i used to hear TONS about... everything i've heard about it was good... or i could always go to best buy or walmart and get a $50 capture card... LOL

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”