How to rip PS2 FMV files - Step by Step Guide.

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Nallv2
Org Profile

Post by Nallv2 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:42 pm

I found a new error to add to the list

I am trying to rip MGS2 sub and split the files like the guide says then in step 3 I get bogus file sizes like 27k then is step 4 it dosn't work at all just pops up and says cannot preform (or somingthing like that)

Then I tryed the skip and just name the split files PSS and got overflow error so I split again and got Illegal bit streem found in file.

Any ideas? Any one? v_v *gose and sulks in cornor*
[size=0]Image
Image[/size]

Killer_Moogle
Org Profile

Post by Killer_Moogle » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:16 pm

DemonSpawn wrote:I've never made an mpeg file, so I don't know...

So Castor Troy's method works for .pss files on some games. What about games that use other formats, or tricks of some kind? For example, any of the .hack games, Silent Hill 3, or Xenosaga?

I haven't tried Xenosaga yet, but there seem to be only a few .pss files on both the .hack series and Silent Hill 3 (such as the opening). Is there another method for these?
I tried Xenosaga, and it didn't work... I haven't found any other methods to get around it, either.

kris2pe
Org Profile

Post by kris2pe » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:32 am

The KH extractor only extracts (I think) the music files! Is there a way we can extract the fmv in KH?

Killer_Moogle
Org Profile

Post by Killer_Moogle » Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:15 pm

I know that it HAS been done... exactly HOW they did it is the question :?

kris2pe
Org Profile

Post by kris2pe » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:59 pm

really? did he make a extraction prog 4 it? Who did it?

DemonSpawn
Org Profile

Post by DemonSpawn » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:04 pm

When I get more time, I'll try to look through some of KH's hex, and see if I can find the video files... But I can't promise anything.

Oh, and Killer_Moogle, I posted the long (but foolproof) way to get the Xenosaga .pss files here. Including all the offset locations, for those of us still with Win98.

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:01 am

no one knows how to multiplex the m2v and the wav into an mpeg without reducing the quality?

Unfound
Org Profile

Post by Unfound » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:06 pm

Use the HuffyUV Codec and make it into a lossless .avi. Try not to use MPEGs in videos (Especially in Premiere).

disgust
Org Profile

Post by disgust » Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:04 pm

huffyuv is great, no doubt about it.

but when you want to distribute relatively high quality files over the net wtihout forcing users to download codecs... mpg is certainly nice. :\

bluedream
Org Profile

German PAL FFX

Post by bluedream » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:28 am

I tried everything to rip the movies of my German PAL FFX Original Disc, without much luck.

1.) Following this guid I ripped the DVD to HD, split the image in 1GB files and tried Extractor 2.4, wich actually did not find anything at all. It does not find anything on the 4.3GB Image file as well.

2.) I tried "Universal Final Fantasy X Extractor V 2.50" (Universal_FFX_Extr25.exe). It gives me a lot of files, but none of the files greater than 10 MB seem to be any PSS or MPG files. I can't open them in PSS Player, PSS Plex nor any DVD or video player.

3.) I tried "FFX Ripper ver1.4b" with no success either. It gives me an error that i am not able to read (probably japanese).

Do you have any suggestions on how to get one of the above methods working?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”