Just one episode....

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
killme304
Org Profile

Just one episode....

Post by killme304 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:41 am

I want to rip my FMA dvds to my hard drive as each individual episode instead of the normal cluster of 4. Is there any way to do this without breaking out an editor? I have DVD Decryptor...but the .vobs are not split right when i view them for some reason, they end at odd places, instead of the end of the episode.

Please help.
If I am breaking a rule, please PM me so i don't break the same rule twice.

DeinReich
Org Profile

Post by DeinReich » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Try using Handbrake. It rips straight to a video format you choose (though the choices are limited) in chapters if you choose to. Just add each chapter into the queue and run the queue.

Just a fair warning, your footage will be compressed, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your preference/needs, but this is the best I can think of off the top of my head without using an editor.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Re: Just one episode....

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 pm

killme304 wrote:I want to rip my FMA dvds to my hard drive as each individual episode instead of the normal cluster of 4. Is there any way to do this without breaking out an editor? I have DVD Decryptor...but the .vobs are not split right when i view them for some reason, they end at odd places, instead of the end of the episode.

Please help.
I've actually had that happen before and assumed that's just how they were saved on the DVD. It shouldn't matter if you're going to rip everything anyways.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:28 pm

drop all the vobs into dgindex and go through that process... just save d2v files on the per episode... O.o

killme304
Org Profile

Post by killme304 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:48 pm

DeinReich wrote:Try using Handbrake. It rips straight to a video format you choose (though the choices are limited) in chapters if you choose to. Just add each chapter into the queue and run the queue.

Just a fair warning, your footage will be compressed, which may or may not be a bad thing depending on your preference/needs, but this is the best I can think of off the top of my head without using an editor.
Ill look for this, thank you!
If I am breaking a rule, please PM me so i don't break the same rule twice.

DeinReich
Org Profile

Re: Just one episode....

Post by DeinReich » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:15 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
killme304 wrote:I want to rip my FMA dvds to my hard drive as each individual episode instead of the normal cluster of 4. Is there any way to do this without breaking out an editor? I have DVD Decryptor...but the .vobs are not split right when i view them for some reason, they end at odd places, instead of the end of the episode.

Please help.
I've actually had that happen before and assumed that's just how they were saved on the DVD. It shouldn't matter if you're going to rip everything anyways.
But sometimes drive space is limited and one can only afford to have a selection of episodes on their hard drives to use as footage.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:55 pm

then make clips instead of taking whole episodes

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm

But you have to have the episodes on your computer before you can make clips.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:34 pm

Well, you can rip in IFO mode with DVDDecrypter, and so you can choose to rip episodes instead of vobs... if you do that it'll rip, say... all the first .vob and half of the second .vob if the episode is split like that.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”