A Good Video Camera?

Minimoto
Org Profile

A Good Video Camera?

Post by Minimoto » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Anyone know a good video camera? My price range can go up to around $500 or so.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Re: A Good Video Camera?

Post by Chez » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 am

it depends what do you want it for, what do you want to record on(dv tapes, SD cards, or just a camera with a harddrive), and how much control do you want.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:43 am

I'd look at either the Canon HV40 for HDV tape based recording or the Canon HF11 for flash memory recording. They are both above your price range, but anything below is generally pretty crappy (ie all the Flip, Kodak, and portable cameras). You can get in the sub $300 range easily, but you are only looking at standard defintion video, which nowadays is lame being YouTube supports 1080p now. The HV40 (HV20/30/40) has a huge community around it, and so do the flash based Canons. So if you want to know how to use them to their full extent, you have a wealth of information available. Either camera can shoot stunning video with a decent amount of manual control. As Chez said, it all depends on what you want to do with your camera.
Insert clever text/image here.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 am

Well... all I want is a portable camera that has good quality video that I can extract to my laptop and edit in Vegas.
Robert F. Young wrote:Day Before Yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, today you.

Minimoto
Org Profile

Post by Minimoto » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:53 pm

I looked at the two you showed me and Canon VIXIA HF11 AVCHD Dual Flash Memory High Definition Camcorder appealed to me. It's actually fine if it's over the price range, just thought I'd see if there was a good one around that area.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”