Now help me with my cd burner :p

This forum is for help with and discussion about your video hardware.

Postby Sinime » Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:58 pm

How new is your burner? Has it ever worked? It could be bad. Could have a crimped cable - but I think it wouldn't work at all in that case.
Sinime

Postby Shulocc » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:29 pm

I don't get it, do you have your burner on a seperate IDE cable? Sometimes, and depending on the brand, a burner will not work while on the same cable as the ROM. It will become quite unstable. By "unstable" I mean it may burn one day and not the next. It may not recognize the CD or you may end up with horrible background noise. Other than that I'm clueless.
"Hope is the pain we feel that makes us try again"
-----Chico Science
Shulocc

Postby Shulocc » Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:29 pm

I don't get it, do you have your burner on a seperate IDE cable? Sometimes, and depending on the brand, a burner will not work while on the same cable as the ROM. It will become quite unstable. By "unstable" I mean it may burn one day and not the next. It may not recognize the CD or you may end up with horrible background noise. Other than that I'm clueless.
-----Chico Science
Shulocc

Postby afleetinghope » Fri Jul 19, 2002 4:43 pm

It's never burned data cds, but since it was the 3rd burner (and 3rd different brand) that I had tried, I went with it since I thought it was a problem with my system, and it probably is.

And the burner is on the secondary IDE chain with the DVD-ROM, CDR is master.
afleetinghope

Postby Shulocc » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:31 am

Eeeeeek!!! Get it off there! That could very well be the problem. Try switching them out and see what happens.
-----Chico Science
Shulocc

Postby klinky » Sat Jul 20, 2002 8:38 am

I think you should light it on fire.....

why it works with mp3s and not data or WAVE files is beyond me man..

strange stuff there..

~klinky
klinky

Postby afleetinghope » Sat Jul 20, 2002 11:42 am

Shulocc wrote:Eeeeeek!!! Get it off there! That could very well be the problem. Try switching them out and see what happens.

Why is it a problem?

And I took the DVD-ROM out and still get the same error.
afleetinghope

Postby Shulocc » Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:18 pm

They catch background noise from each other. This noise could be a hum or squiggles(big techy term there) across the bottom of the screen. But I think you need to follows Klinky advice and set it on fire. Take it back and get a new one.
-----Chico Science
Shulocc

Postby Coderjoe » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:26 am

could you perhaps paste the exact error message? It may be a bit more helpful.
Coderjoe

Postby afleetinghope » Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:21 am

That is the exact error code.
afleetinghope

Postby Shulocc » Sun Jul 21, 2002 12:46 pm

What you have my friend is a defective drive. I took your "Sony CD-RW CRX185E1 (CRX185A1)" and searched Google for a hour or two and found a site talking about installation problems. Several people are having the same or relatively near the same problem you are having. According to one site, a poster in the forum had gotten no response from the Sony Corp. in response to the exact problem. High-end Merchandise. Straight up, to the point. It will probably never be fixed so take it back and buy Iomega, Yamaha, or something else besides Sony.
-----Chico Science
Shulocc

Postby afleetinghope » Sun Jul 21, 2002 2:27 pm

Shulocc wrote:What you have my friend is a defective drive. I took your "Sony CD-RW CRX185E1 (CRX185A1)" and searched Google for a hour or two and found a site talking about installation problems. Several people are having the same or relatively near the same problem you are having. According to one site, a poster in the forum had gotten no response from the Sony Corp. in response to the exact problem. High-end Merchandise. Straight up, to the point. It will probably never be fixed so take it back and buy Iomega, Yamaha, or something else besides Sony.

Can't take it back, guess I'll just have to chuck it.
afleetinghope

Postby afleetinghope » Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:33 pm

I GOT IT TO WORK, whoo!

I love Sony Tech Support (well, I love them this time, not last time...) ^_^
afleetinghope

Postby klinky » Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:56 am

What was wrong?!
klinky

Postby afleetinghope » Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:03 pm

They told me to delete scsihlp.vxd and go into the CDRW properties and turn off everything but disconnect. Works great now, but I wish they had told me that the first time though.
afleetinghope

Previous

Return to Video Hardware Discussion