Buying a new notebook as editing system(need hardware tipps)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: Buying a new notebook as editing system(need hardware tipps)

Post by Kariudo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:54 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:Well, I WAS going to continue to trust the results of impartial professionals rather than those of an amateur who had a debate to win and whose results included some extremely anomalous-bordering-on-ridiculous data
but your airtight ad hominem attack has convinced me otherwise!
oh, good! that means we can stop arguing now yeah?
I must've missed the part with the alleged "ad hominem" attack...except for the end there. That last little bit was a bit attackish, but you set me up perfectly for that one.
This part of your post on the other hand...yeah, I can't find a part in it that wasn't a personal attack

the Black Monarch wrote:Anyway, the matter about XP supporting more than 2 cores was taken to NeuralClone over at Ex Isle. This is a guy who really, really knows his sh!t, and even he wasn't sure what the core limit was, but confirmed that XP Home was limited to 1 physical CPU, and XP Pro limited to 2.
Did you really need to bother someone else about that? It's right on the Microsoft site. (4th FAQ) Also...
Kariudo, ~2 weeks ago wrote: However, Home can only use 1 physical cpu while Pro can use 2 physical cpus (which is seen primarily on server mobos)

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:33 pm

the Black Monarch wrote:Anyway, the matter about XP supporting more than 2 cores was taken to NeuralClone over at Ex Isle. This is a guy who really, really knows his sh!t, and even he wasn't sure what the core limit was, but confirmed that XP Home was limited to 1 physical CPU, and XP Pro limited to 2.
1 physical cpu as in 1 chip? or 1 core?
according to the microsoft website and NeuralClone, they agree with each other. yeah XP home is limited to 1 physical CPU and pro is limited to 2. they said nothing of cores.
cores != cpu

The whole debate about whether Windows uses multiple cores or not is retarded.
the real benefits come from multitasking and applications that actually use the cores.
Image Image

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:54 pm

Kariudo wrote:I must've missed the part with the alleged "ad hominem" attack...except for the end there. That last little bit was a bit attackish, but you set me up perfectly for that one.
This part of your post on the other hand...yeah, I can't find a part in it that wasn't a personal attack
Again, your humor-detector seems to be malfunctioning.

Indeen.
Kariudo wrote:Did you really need to bother someone else about that? It's right on the Microsoft site.
I failed to find any information about core limits in their licensing policy.
milkmandan wrote: 1 physical cpu as in 1 chip? or 1 core?
Chip.
milkmandan wrote:cores != cpu
Yes, that was established a while ago. Please try to keep up.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:43 am

the Black Monarch wrote:
Kariudo wrote: I must've missed the part with the alleged "ad hominem" attack...except for the end there. That last little bit was a bit attackish, but you set me up perfectly for that one.
Again, your humor-detector seems to be malfunctioning.

Indeen.
As is yours :roll:
the Black Monarch wrote:
Kariudo wrote: Did you really need to bother someone else about that? It's right on the Microsoft site.
I failed to find any information about core limits in their licensing policy.
There is no info on core limits in that policy, but then again...that wasn't what I was saying now was I?

Return to “Hardware Discussion”