Problem with watching amvs.

This forum is for help with and discussion about your video hardware.

Postby GRIM_REAP » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:58 am

ayanefan wrote:
GRIM_REAP wrote:...that all it has done is either speed up my computer or improve video and audio quality for other files, except the files like wmv and such...

Uh, IMO, wmv files suck in video quality anyway. If you download a 10mb wmv file that is 6 minutes long, it's automatically gonna be shitty. Other than changing the universe will you get better quality. Maybe I read through this thread too quickly.

well, i think someone found me my problem... wmv is all i've downloaded... WOOT! YOU GET A COOKIE! AND I BELIEV YOU HELPED ME OUT!
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.
GRIM_REAP

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:02 am

im #4 in the top 10 posters, do you really think that i NEED to up my post count? (i never really noticed how many posts i had till a few months ago... plus I'm not in any real kind of competition on this site for the number of posts i have :/ heh)

actually I just like to talk and help people out, I'm usually all over the help forums trying to help people out... (as you should notice...) I could up my post count if i even bothered going into "general anime" or "general music" neither of which i really do...

I stayed off this thread for the most part cause it was dealing with technical crap that I dont really know much about, I figured that I would let the more technical people get to it and let them deal with it, since my imput wouldnt be too helpful (oh yea that totally ups my post count)

it wasnt until 3 pages later when it seemed that there was some minor improvement but still not enough that I decided to just suggest getting a new computer...

if you want to remain at least on the coat tails of computer technology you are going to eventually have to just scrap your old computer and upgrade, and from what I can tell you are pretty far behind the curve on that one...

I mean Vista is out now, thats a few versions ahead of your current software.. (im not saying you should jump to Vista, in fact ima wait at least a year or so longer before i even try vista, cause id like more of the "bugs" to be worked out before i jump into that mess)

all im saying is that yes it would be an easier way to get what you want: find a way to make up the money and buy a new computer, and it might improve in other places as well as video play back.

either way have it your way.. i wont mention anything else, you have my suggestion, you also have your excuses...

your problem
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby GRIM_REAP » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:07 am

JaddziaDax wrote:im #4 in the top 10 posters, do you really think that i NEED to up my post count? (i never really noticed how many posts i had till a few months ago... plus I'm not in any real kind of competition on this site for the number of posts i have :/ heh)

actually I just like to talk and help people out, I'm usually all over the help forums trying to help people out... (as you should notice...) I could up my post count if i even bothered going into "general anime" or "general music" neither of which i really do...

I stayed off this thread for the most part cause it was dealing with technical crap that I dont really know much about, I figured that I would let the more technical people get to it and let them deal with it, since my imput wouldnt be too helpful (oh yea that totally ups my post count)

it wasnt until 3 pages later when it seemed that there was some minor improvement but still not enough that I decided to just suggest getting a new computer...

if you want to remain at least on the coat tails of computer technology you are going to eventually have to just scrap your old computer and upgrade, and from what I can tell you are pretty far behind the curve on that one...

I mean Vista is out now, thats a few versions ahead of your current software.. (im not saying you should jump to Vista, in fact ima wait at least a year or so longer before i even try vista, cause id like more of the "bugs" to be worked out before i jump into that mess)

all im saying is that yes it would be an easier way to get what you want: find a way to make up the money and buy a new computer, and it might improve in other places as well as video play back.

either way have it your way.. i wont mention anything else, you have my suggestion, you also have your excuses...

your problem

Vista= the operating system version of hell...

and, you don't really know allot about computers? do you? technology doesn't have to be new, i know people with ancient computers and they have it better then me xP

the problem really is, just a few bugs and glitches and after i just researched about the wmv, it's just a glorified sucky version of the avi files, wmv just screw up on my computers and that's all the problem was.... well after 3 pages of info...
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.
GRIM_REAP

Postby JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:10 am

and for the record: not all wmvs are bad quality videos made with windows movie maker... some are actually good videos..

can you play an mp4 encoded in h.264 (or x.264) file?
JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!

Postby Ayanefan » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:13 am

Can you play this one? It's an mp4, use VLC.
[vidid=147599]
Ayanefan

Postby GRIM_REAP » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:14 am

ayanefan wrote:Can you play this one? It's an mp4, use VLC.
[vidid=147599]

yep, i can play it perfectly! woot!

wmv is the only ones tho >.>
GRIM_REAP

Postby Sereenie » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:01 pm

Are you using the latest version of WMP? If not (I, for example, have no WMP at all on my comp), then you need to download the codec pack for the latest versions of WMV (I think it covers 8+, IIRC) to be able to play files encoded using them.

No need to download WMP at all. Just get the codec pack on M$'s website (NOT through Windows Update). See if that helps.

S.
Sereenie

Previous

Return to Video Hardware Discussion