Problem with watching amvs.

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Problem with watching amvs.

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:00 pm

Hello and Good Day!

My name is Paul, I’ve made my account, quite some time ago, but I just now started to use it, for I’ve been really busy with family matters and school-work. Now that I’ve started to download AMVs in any and all matter of file types and genres and such, but now, I’ve had some trouble lately and well I’ll hope, that I can get some help and or a way to get it fixed. I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board too...

I’ll list all the information that I know, so hope this works.

Operating System: Windows xp: Home editions, some updates from Service pack 1, my parents computer is quite old and well some updates will make it crash, so I’ve been downloading updates, that I feel are needed and won’t screw it up.

Ram: 375 mega bytes, again an old computer, and it’s been finicky during upgrades, so yeah… hardly any ram.

Graphics: VIA Tech VT8361/VT8601 Graphics controller, I’ve upgraded the drives, well just yesterday actually.

Audio: Creative sound blaster PCI and VIA AUDIO {wave}, I’ve not gotten a chance or do I know where to get the upgrades for the drivers.

Software used quiet frequently, for audio and video purposes: Divx, Quick time, Real beta 11, Window media player 9, media player classic and Nero media player.

Now I’ll list the problems.

In windows media player9: The video will freeze, skip, slow down and will not match the audio. The Audio is quite perfect in here.

In real-player-beta-11: does exactly the same in Windows media player9.

Media Player Classic: The Video quality is perfect, except the sound skips, jitters and seems to pause off and on, but the video doesn’t … so yeah, it’s the opposite of windows and real-player.

None of the files play in quick time.

Here’s some software I’ve used, so I could find the perfect codecs, for these files.

Avi-codec and G-Spot Version 2.70A.

Now, G-spot offers little to no help, but Avi-Codec helped me greatly and offers me a codec Package called: Satsuki Decoder Pack. It’s been helpful and got rid of all my problems, except for the audio and video problems in the above listed players.

Now if needed, g-spot has offered me a report of all my codecs and media files types, found in my registry, so if any of those are needed, I’ll post them untouched.

P.s: I’ve run defragmenters on both of my hard-drives, they are in perfect condition. I’ve run ccleaner, reg-cleaner and Advanced Windows Care V2 Personal. All three Programs have done, well what they can and promised with little to no help to my media problems, so please help, a fellow anime lover out?

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Just get VLC Media player, it's insta-win

It's what all the pros use =O

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:09 pm

Which specific files and file formats do you have problems with?

If they're .mp4 files, it's pretty likely your system is choking on the h264 encoding. If they're not just that, sounds more like a codec issue.

You might want to consider a newer codec package. A good specimen is CCCP http://www.cccp-project.net/ , but I'd be careful if you already have codec packs installed (perhaps remove them first).

A good safe bet is VLC player which can play most of anything without needing any additional codecs to be installed http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Rapture**
Org Profile

Re: Problem with watching amvs.

Post by Rapture** » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:10 pm

GRIM_REAP wrote:Audio: Creative sound blaster PCI and VIA AUDIO {wave}, I’ve not gotten a chance or do I know where to get the upgrades for the drivers.
The problem for MPC freezing up audio steam may be here. If you have wrong version of drivers,or it's very old version,then I'm surprised you can hear anything at all...

Just as NerdStrudel said,I would suggest you to go and check out VLC site : http://www.videolan.org/ - choose whichever you think fits best,and try opening vids in it. VLC has it's own codec packed altogether with player itself,so it should be able to show if it's problem with your system,or the software.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:11 pm

Otohiko wrote:Which specific files and file formats do you have problems with?

If they're .mp4 files, it's pretty likely your system is choking on the h264 encoding. If they're not just that, sounds more like a codec issue.

You might want to consider a newer codec package. A good specimen is CCCP http://www.cccp-project.net/ , but I'd be careful if you already have codec packs installed (perhaps remove them first).

A good safe bet is VLC player which can play most of anything without needing any additional codecs to be installed http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
well, i can watch anime and web content, i can watch files, but it's like wmv. and some others... it's just annoying and the codedc pack, that I curently have... is well perfect for me and that one itried before, caused problems...

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:14 pm

Okay, then try VLC player first of all like others said and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then we know it's not the players or codecs, but something in your system.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:18 pm

Otohiko wrote:Okay, then try VLC player first of all like others said and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then we know it's not the players or codecs, but something in your system.
VLC doesn't help... sure it's the system? i've tried all of the need scans and such and someone suggested, that i'd tryand check drivers again...
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.

Rapture**
Org Profile

Post by Rapture** » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:21 pm

GRIM_REAP wrote:
Otohiko wrote:Okay, then try VLC player first of all like others said and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then we know it's not the players or codecs, but something in your system.
VLC doesn't help... sure it's the system? i've tried all of the need scans and such and someone suggested, that i'd tryand check drivers again...
Yes,check if ALL of your drivers are up to date.
:D I like laughter ;DD
ImageImage

GRIM_REAP
Org Profile

Post by GRIM_REAP » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:24 pm

Rapture** wrote:
GRIM_REAP wrote:
Yes,check if ALL of your drivers are up to date.
Retarded Moment: How do I do that?
QUOTE: Andrew Holleran: The demonic paradox of writing: when you put something down that happened, people often don't believe it; whereas, you can make up anything, and people assume it must have happened to you.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:24 pm

If VLC doesn't work, then it's obviously you. VLC can do no wrong, for I worship it in all its glory.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”