HD DVD / BLU RAY player

lister007
Org Profile

HD DVD / BLU RAY player

Post by lister007 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:36 am

Hey I'm looking for a new laptop/comp and was wondering how important hd dvd or blu ray player was... I mean there are only a few sony models and hp models that i've seen that I like with them but my concern is with hdcp. The hp models with hd dvd player have hdmi but are not hdcp compatible to my knowledge, what do you guys and gals think? how important do you think this is?
Spatchcock..........A dressed and split chicken for roasting or grilling on a spit.
Bring it
Berserk or crazy...??? (image shack sucks will have a banner for this too when it doesn't!)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:07 am

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=79350

you posted in that thread, so you should already know my thoughts on the matter.
getting blu-ray or hd dvd is probably not worth it right now, you'd probably be better off using the money you'd be using on a model with one of those to buy something with lots of ram, hd space, a good cpu, etc...

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 am

Anything released on HD is, unless the company is either a complete idiot, or betting on a risk, is also going to put out a regular dvd releae. Hell, you still buy games on cds until what seems like just last year, and how long have dvds been around?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:45 am

It's definately not going to be a required or even a reccomended thing until the price drops significantly. I'd say for now no, don't bother. In 3 years i'd consider it to be a new standard.

Thank goodness for cases with insane numbers of drive bays - laptops? yea, not so much. You should never really expect to build a top-of-the line laptop unless you wan't to shell out a lot of money. Think of it like getting a MAC, 3x the price for the same general thing. Except this one's portable (to an extent - newer technologies alway seem to eat battery life until they can be improved).
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Hardware Discussion”