Problems with Eazy VCD

topgamer101
Org Profile

Problems with Eazy VCD

Post by topgamer101 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:58 pm

It's a free program to rip dvds to use for my amv making. On my laptop it worked perfectly, however took awhile. Now on my new desktop with LCD moniter, it goes much faster. However, the end result is a video quality that isn't very good. Even on the highest quality setting it still seems to come out with those boxes that you can see as the picture or characters move.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a solution to this? If not can someone reccomend an inexpensive program I can buy to replace it? thank you

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:01 pm

how 'bout dvd Decrypter
it's free, and you can still get it with the amvapp or on www.doom9.net
(click downloads, and then click on descrambling/ripping tools

topgamer101
Org Profile

Post by topgamer101 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:02 pm

Kariudo wrote:how 'bout dvd Decrypter
I thought I tried that once with bad results, but I'll give it a try. Thank you

topgamer101
Org Profile

Post by topgamer101 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:50 pm

topgamer101 wrote:
Ok so I've tried it, but now it's ripped it into file types I can't use. Anyone know how I can rip it to mpeg or wmv files?

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:56 pm

topgamer101 wrote:
topgamer101 wrote:
Ok so I've tried it, but now it's ripped it into file types I can't use. Anyone know how I can rip it to mpeg or wmv files?
It's a multistep process.

You rip the disk w/ dvd decryptor
You then use VirtualDubMod to save the file in whatever manner suits your purpose. (EG: resize to 512x384 or 640x480)

Without going overboard, doing it this way has a lot of advantages, such as being able to filter your footage, cut out sound etc, plus you assure yourself that you're getting the best possible file that you can.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

topgamer101
Org Profile

Post by topgamer101 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:57 pm

madbunny wrote:
topgamer101 wrote:
topgamer101 wrote:
It's a multistep process.

You rip the disk w/ dvd decryptor
You then use VirtualDubMod to save the file in whatever manner suits your purpose. (EG: resize to 512x384 or 640x480)

Without going overboard, doing it this way has a lot of advantages, such as being able to filter your footage, cut out sound etc, plus you assure yourself that you're getting the best possible file that you can.
Ok I'll look up the virtualdub thing then, thanks

topgamer101
Org Profile

Post by topgamer101 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:05 am

ok so I used both the programs and I've got perfect dvd quality video saved to avi format. My editing program supports avi, but when I go to add media and try and add it, it just stalls on the adding part. It doesn't freeze, but it won't actually add the video.

I miss my old program right now :(

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:18 am

the way I see it, you can either have ease of use or superior quality and control.

it's a little more work, but most people would agree that the extra work is worth it.

I'm guessing that you encoded your avi files with divx or xvid...both of which are bad for editing. you can take clips in vritualdub(/mod) and encode those with a lossless codec such as huffyuv or lagarith.

you probably wouldn't have the space (or other cpu resources) to handle entire episodes encoded with huffyuv or lagarith.

for more info, check out EADFAG

topgamer101
Org Profile

Post by topgamer101 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:27 am

Kariudo wrote:the way I see it, you can either have ease of use or superior quality and control.

it's a little more work, but most people would agree that the extra work is worth it.

I'm guessing that you encoded your avi files with divx or xvid...both of which are bad for editing. you can take clips in vritualdub(/mod) and encode those with a lossless codec such as huffyuv or lagarith.

you probably wouldn't have the space (or other cpu resources) to handle entire episodes encoded with huffyuv or lagarith.

for more info, check out EADFAG
I used VirtualDubMod. And I just want something that will rip perfect dvd quality files. That's it. (That and something that will actually load into my editing program)

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:41 am

unfortunately it's often not that easy, if you want dvd quality it'l take some work.

But depending on the series, even "dvd quality" can suck (which then takes more work to clean it up and appear good)

EADFAG is a very good guide, and every program mentioned is free (minus the editing program...but you already have that)

Return to “Hardware Discussion”