Ripping DVD video without a DVD drive.

This forum is for help with and discussion about your video hardware.

Postby CaTaClYsM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:39 pm

btw, how much quality will I loose if I use an S-Video cable?
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Postby FurryCurry » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:45 pm

Assuming your cap card doesn't have component input, s-video is the best thing to use.

If quality is really so important to you, and you don't really plan to use the cap card to grab stuff off tv/vhs, you could probably sell it for enough to buy a DVD drive, which would be a lot faster, and remove all quality related issues.

even a really cheap crappy $29 DVD should be able to rip at more than 1x
FurryCurry

Postby CaTaClYsM » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:51 pm

the thing is, I already have this, and with this cap card I can also rip VHS along with the DVD's. And I doubt that I can sell this card.
So in other words, one part of the community is waging war on another part of the community because they take their community seriously enough to want to do so. Then they tell the powerless side to get over the loss cause it's just an online community. I'm glad people make so much sense." -- Tab
CaTaClYsM

Postby Sub0 » Sat Oct 12, 2002 2:40 pm

CaTaClYsM wrote:the thing is, I already have this, and with this cap card I can also rip VHS along with the DVD's. And I doubt that I can sell this card.

I've seen Real Estate from Mars selling for $100s of dollars on Ebay... hey! is that auction for Walt Disney's Colon done yet??? o.0

yep the possibilitys are endless but what's the possibility of you ever buying a vhs?? If you haven't yet I doubt if you ever will :lol:
Sub0

Previous

Return to Video Hardware Discussion