Camcorder woes

y2kwizard
Org Profile

Camcorder woes

Post by y2kwizard » Mon Sep 23, 2002 9:06 pm

Hey, all, I have a question about my camcorder.

I have a camcorder that's more or less a year old. It's a Sony DCR-TRV17 camera, and for most purposes, it's pretty good. However, I've run into a problem consistently over the past year when recording: whenver I record in low-light, less-than-ideal situations, I get....I guess the best word for it would be noise or graininess...the picture isn't that good and if I'm looking at a solid, one-colored surface, the pixels will ever-so-slightly change their tone just a tad, resulting in a subtle yet annoying grain/noise effect.

Is there any way to rectify this? Am I alone in my woes? This has been going on ever since I got the camera, so it could just be that the amateur cameras aren't perfect....

anyway, thanks for you guys' input!
"When I got fat, I decided to grow a beard" -- The Great Andy
"Is it a DARTH visor?" and "It's funny cuz it's pants" -- The Master of on-the-spot Funniness
"You're too young for your age" and "I'm sorry for apologizing so much" -- The Master of on-the-spot Randomness

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:20 pm

Some Sony cameras have a light sensitivity filter, the TRV190 does and if set right it will do just what you say. I don't know if the 170 has it but you might want to check by scrolling through it's menus.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”