Pinnicale Studio 7 question...

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Pinnicale Studio 7 question...

Post by Castor Troy » Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:31 pm

Since Pinnicale's website sucks and barely provides any information, what are the resolutions the Studio 7 can capture at? I wanna capture in 720 x 480 without having to spend 600+ on a DV500....

Thanks.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:04 pm

Yes it does capture at 720x480, or at least it normally does. But the files you create are HUGE. They can be up to eight gigabytes a piece so you can't watch them often. however output can be fairly good, if you want to output at that resolution you are looking at a sizable filesize as well but they output at 320x210 relatively well.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Mon Oct 14, 2002 1:17 am

Pinnacle has a lot of pretty good export settings... mpeg usually worked best for me. And, yes, it does 720 x 480. On some of the codecs, you can customize it to any resolution you want. As it goes for size, you just need to fiddle around with settings and you shouldn't end up with too big of a file.
ImageImage

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:31 pm

Just click render to Mpeg actually, and select custom from the presets, that will let you tinker around with everything including the data rate you want to export at. If you don't want to bother with it then I recomend using DVD preset then use VCD and VHS in that order of quality.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”