AMV n00b question

dowhatnow
Org Profile

Post by dowhatnow » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:22 pm

madmag9999 wrote:and jonnkakarotto how much are u looking to spend? what specs are you looking for?
top o' the line, fully loaded, etc.

I know what I want by way of processor, RAM, etc. the only problem I'm having right now is deciding on a vid card. I'll not be building this computer for at least another year or two, and by then today's tech will still be PARTIALLY good, so money shouldn't really be a concern of mine at this point. I was just trying to get suggestions for the best that people have worked with.

LovEnPeaCE
Org Profile

Post by LovEnPeaCE » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:26 pm

jonnkakarotto wrote:
madmag9999 wrote:and jonnkakarotto how much are u looking to spend? what specs are you looking for?
top o' the line, fully loaded, etc.

I know what I want by way of processor, RAM, etc. the only problem I'm having right now is deciding on a vid card. I'll not be building this computer for at least another year or two, and by then today's tech will still be PARTIALLY good, so money shouldn't really be a concern of mine at this point. I was just trying to get suggestions for the best that people have worked with.
FULLY LOADED?!?!!?!? the x800XT AIW of course!!!(it's been relased, but hasn't been shipped for sale just yet.....)

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:28 pm

madmag9999 wrote:
aznfs wrote:
BlindNoir wrote:since we are on vid cards i need a new one, i am thinking for like 256mb something with tv out any suggestions? I havent been in the video card game for a long time so what good new and doesnt burn a whole in the wallet, oh is Nvidia still good?
256 right now is kinds of 1// not needed 2// *wallet = empty*

same suggestion i made before 9600/9800 xt aiw
LIES!! :roll:

i got a ati 9600 pro with 256. its a beast.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDe ... 353&depa=1

combine that with the newest omega drivers and ur set. if u want a capture card just get the tv wonder pro from ati its like $30.
but but but;; its from sapphire :lol:

x800 aiw;; when it comes out i know some idiots that would pay full retail the day it comes out :roll:

madmag9999
Org Profile

Post by madmag9999 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:30 pm

aznfs wrote:
madmag9999 wrote: LIES!! :roll:

combine that with the newest omega drivers and ur set. if u want a capture card just get the tv wonder pro from ati its like $30.

x800 aiw;; when it comes out i know some idiots that would pay full retail the day it comes out :roll:
yea i know but it still has an ati chipset. just becouse the board isnt ati doesnt mean its shit.

yea ill bet some idiots will pay for it, i would never buy it coz theres no fucking need.
Moonslayer's Guide to a-m-v.org | AD & ErMaC's Guides to Audio & Video
"I'm sorry but i don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die."

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:34 pm

madmag9999 wrote:
aznfs wrote:
madmag9999 wrote: LIES!! :roll:

yea i know but it still has an ati chipset. just becouse the board isnt ati doesnt mean its shit.

yea ill bet some idiots will pay for it, i would never buy it coz theres no fucking need.
well true its the exact same card;; its just that ive had prolems with sapphire card T_T

x800 xt aiw ok lets do the math

x800 300 bucks
xt 100 bucks
tvout/in/dvi/dual vga 50-100 bucks

:?

retail on opening day +50 bucks
ati brand name (if applicable) +50 bucks

:?

decisions decisions :lol: :roll:

RootHubController
Org Profile

Post by RootHubController » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:52 pm

Myself, Preacher3380x, and a few others built the majority of our videos on Pentium 3 450MHz computers. Yes, it takes longer to render, so what?

The point is, you DON'T have to go all out if you don't want to. If ATI is too expensive, go NVidia. www.newegg.com has a wide selection of low priced hardware.

Return to “Hardware Discussion”