One or Two???

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:44 pm

You still can't beat the 5 monitor setup I had at one point. It was super leet, I had two computers, each with dual monitor, and a video monitor hooked up to the DV500's output. Plus both machines had TV-outs of some sort as well as TV-ins so I could actually do the infinite chains of monitor loopings between computers. 8)
Oh yea and all the monitors were 17"+ cept for the video monitor. Damn that was a cool setup. Course one of the monitors was an old HP 21" Fixed Frequency Workstation monitor so it could only run 1280x1024 @ 70-75Hz and it was rather fuzzy and dark, and the other space 17" had this godawful green tint to it that would only go away after you left it on for a few hours. They have since been thrown out.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sat Sep 07, 2002 4:18 pm

Actually, that nVidia "hack" to do dual monitors on Win 2k works alright.

This is a GF4 mx400, running 2 LCD's @ 1600x1200.
The image on the right monitor is dokidoki's NYO is WAR, playing(paused) fullscreen on just one monitor.

Putting your clip/preview windows on their own monitor at full DVD res is TEH WIN. More space == Better. 8)

Its a tax-deductible business expense, after all. ;)

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sat Sep 07, 2002 7:25 pm

Yes you should justify it first. I wonder why I got a 21" :\ I've used it once on a AMV project. It's nice though ;\ Fits entire web page on screen at once :\ Good for editing in photoshop ;)

Hmmmm...

I never liked two monitor idea unless I had one dedicated to playback and the other dedicated to the timeline. I just don't like the borders that the monitor bevels create :\

~klinky

JCL17
Org Profile

Post by JCL17 » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:49 pm

klinky wrote:unless I had one dedicated to playback and the other dedicated to the timeline.
~klinky
that's exactly what I had in mind..but it seems people recommend to get an adaptor for a tv-out better... :cry:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Sat Sep 07, 2002 8:59 pm

I use one monitor, I don't really have a reason to use two, with one editing program and all teh hardware in one hard drive two monitor would only put a crick in my neck.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:03 am

klinky wrote:I never liked two monitor idea unless I had one dedicated to playback and the other dedicated to the timeline. I just don't like the borders that the monitor bevels create :\
I'm thinking the same; just not sure how to do it. Either the H+ card, or the TV out from the G550, or the second monitor. Even with a 2nd CRT, I think I'd like a TV so I could easily check for interlacing problems.

BTW, I lied about this new Matrox G550: instead of the dual DVI, I wound up with the DVI+analog version. (There are three different versions of this card when it comes to output connectors.) Not what I wanted originally, but this way is better since I can't afford another DVI monitor...not until the prices drop.

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:16 am

FurryCurry - What series are those figures in front of your monitor from?
I'm out...

NME
Org Profile

Post by NME » Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:18 am

*Squints real hard* ....... Dunno.

OMG! IS THAT A SHARPIE pen?!?!?!
nil per os

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:58 am

Looks like we got a Azumanga Diaoh lover here!!

bigger pictures can be had <a href="http://www.animecollectibles.com/acnew/ ... ">here.</a>

I think Kthulhu knew full well what they were :twisted:

~klinky

kthulhu
Org Profile

Post by kthulhu » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:10 am

I suspected as much, but I didn't want to look foolish by just saying so.
I'm out...

Return to “Hardware Discussion”