S-VHS Out Query

bdeakin22
Org Profile

S-VHS Out Query

Post by bdeakin22 » Sun Aug 11, 2002 1:23 am

Hello. I have a Hercules 4500 with TV-Out (SVHS) and want to have Premiere sending my monitor preview to a TV so I can be sassy.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get this to happen? :)

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Sun Aug 11, 2002 3:12 am

Set up the TV as a second monitor in the display properties control panel.
Use 640x480, or 800x600, whatever looks good to you.
Drag your monitor window over to the desktop on the TV.

IMAC
Org Profile

Post by IMAC » Sat Aug 24, 2002 10:07 am

TV resolution is acutally somewhere around 640 x 400, so be warned, it will nto look anywhere NEAR as good on a tv set. I regularly watch my dvd's on my tv set using my radeon 7500.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:03 pm

IMAC wrote:TV resolution is acutally somewhere around 640 x 400, so be warned, it will nto look anywhere NEAR as good on a tv set. I regularly watch my dvd's on my tv set using my radeon 7500.
TV resolution is 720x480.

Browse around the forums on the specifics of why it is...
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Tue Aug 27, 2002 1:58 am

TV has no real "resolution" per se - Resolution is measured in pixels and because TV is analog and thus has no definate # of pixels for a specific resolution, you can't conveniently say that it is X resolution (unless you're talking about SDTV or HDTV standards which are indeed digital).

In general, the # of pixels which can be correlated to a standard NTSC video picture is 720x486 (Yes, 486) but most of the time it's digitized as 720x480 (because that's easier to work with).

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:26 am

ErMaC wrote:TV has no real "resolution" per se - Resolution is measured in pixels and because TV is analog and thus has no definate # of pixels for a specific resolution, you can't conveniently say that it is X resolution (unless you're talking about SDTV or HDTV standards which are indeed digital).

In general, the # of pixels which can be correlated to a standard NTSC video picture is 720x486 (Yes, 486) but most of the time it's digitized as 720x480 (because that's easier to work with).
That's includes the "overflow", doesn't it? 720/480 = 1.5 which is not the NTSC aspect ratio of 4/3.

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:00 am

That includes overscan but remember, if you'd read my guide properly 8) you'd know that Television "pixels" are not square, and thus a pixel aspect ratio of 3:2 is perfectly normal - since the actual pixels themselves are lined up such that you see them in 4:3.

(BTW by saying Television "pixels" are not square that just means that the # of samples that can be extrapolated from the analog signal in the horizontal direction do not conform on a 4:3 basis with the number of scanlines that are encoded into the analog signal)

Return to “Hardware Discussion”