Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burning?

This forum is for help with and discussion about your video hardware.

Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burning?

Postby Buttercupmensadklfm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:38 am

Is LightScribe the best software to use if you want to burn a personalized picture on the face of a blank DVD disc?

The reason why I ask this is because very recently a close family member of mine had passed away. I want to make a montage video about his life and burn it onto a DVD, but I don't want it to look tacky & unprofessional by having the title of the montage be done in marker on the face of the DVD disc. I want to use a program that will allow me to burn a picture of his face (& the title of the montage video) onto the blank DVD disc. I searched around online and discovered about LightScribe, but I'm not sure if that's the absolute best software out there. Is there a better program out there that can do the job really professional besides LightScribe?
Buttercupmensadklfm

Re: Is LightScribe The Best Software For DVD Face Cover Burn

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:11 am

Ehhh... If you already have lightscribe hardware (you have to have a special hardware that's capable of doing it), then you might as well give it a shot. But if you don't, that's 30-40 bucks for the hardware, and another 15 for the special discs (I just did a quick price search on Amazon, actual prices may vary).

Honestly, I do a lot of videos like what you're describing for a sort of self-employed professional service. I don't feel like light-scribe was something I wanted to invest in (especially if clients wanted to change the image burned on it AFTER I've already burned it), but what I DO invest in is nice DVD cases and use Photoshop to create a very professional cover. There are a ton of templates out there, so there's a lot of variety, and you can customize it to fit client needs.

But I did do a little google-fu, and from what I read it had mixed results. Some said that it worked well enough, and others said it wasn't as successful. Apparently, the MAC version is clunkier too.

Albeit, I have seen lightscribe discs before. They look gorgeous. XD

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope I helped out in some way or another.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Return to Video Hardware Discussion