MKV file with softsubs ---> Mpeg II file with NO subs.

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
ketsuekiko
Org Profile

MKV file with softsubs ---> Mpeg II file with NO subs.

Post by ketsuekiko » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:01 pm

Here's the deal... I ripped my Le Portrait De Petite Cossette OVA DVD, however it seems as though I somehow idiotically made it an MKV file, with soft subs. This was a while back about half a year ago I'd say...Shortly after ripping the DVD I put it back in storage with all my other anime *since at the time I was planning on moving.* There is no possible way for me to go to said storage place.* Is there a way to encode this MKV file into a MPEG - II format? I don't care if it doesn't have audio. Hell, I'd prefer it doesn't.. Also when I say encode it I mean just the OVA itself, without the subs.

Rae Lee
Rae Lee~

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Next time I suggest just presenting the problem without a really bad backstory. :roll:
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:02 pm

Well usually we recommend using DVD rips but in your case obviously ripping just isn't for you. Have you considered downloading the OAV instead?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Orwell wrote:Next time I suggest just presenting the problem without a really bad backstory. :roll:
Although I take this with a grain of salt, there ARE programs that do this short of thing. They rip a DVD and convert the subs and apply them to an MKV file, usually in XviD form.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:58 pm

open in virtualdubmod
go to streams-streams list
disable the subs stream
go to file-save as
change the compressor from none to lagarith or huffyuv (tis a quick google if you don't have em)

that'l give you a .avi file, which you can then make an mpeg2 out of with your favorite program

ketsuekiko
Org Profile

Post by ketsuekiko » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:25 am

Thanks for the help. I did consider downloading the OVA, but all the files are either subbed or low quality, and why bother when I have the DVD rips. So Thanks Kariudo for your advice ^^
Rae Lee~

Johnson Nguyen
Org Profile

Post by Johnson Nguyen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks Karuido. I was wondering how to do the same thing with the MPEGII format. I'm thinking about making my own anime music vid soon too. Do you guys have any of your works online somewhere?

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:47 pm

Johnson Nguyen wrote:Thanks Karuido. I was wondering how to do the same thing with the MPEGII format. I'm thinking about making my own anime music vid soon too. Do you guys have any of your works online somewhere?
You make Kio cry.

This site is devoted to archiving our collected works.

Furthermore, lurk more. Read the guides, read my sticky in general amv, read a lot of help threads. I guarantee what you could ask has already been answered elsewhere.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”