DIVX footage.

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
eadsja
Org Profile

DIVX footage.

Post by eadsja » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:28 am

I am having problems getting my Gordain knot to capture to DivX dvd footage. I have the codec (downloaded it - can watch Div X videos) but I cant seem to be able to get the cotton picking thing to capture into div files.

Second, can Div X footage be used in Windows Movie Maker 2 - and will that project be saved as such.

If not, what settings do I need to play with (other than bit rate, which I set to max) to make the high quality video capture.

I keep getting that slightly pixelated/broken line and artifact look here and there that is driving me (and my audience) NUTZ. I need that cristal clear look to help remove the distraction and allow people to really focus on my work.

Trying to improve the quality of my vids here, be much appreciated.
Annoying, obnoxious and opinionated.

KirinRiotCrash
Org Profile

Post by KirinRiotCrash » Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:02 am

If you have the proper codecs installed, you can use DivX footage in Windows Movie Maker 2 ... although, I wouldn't recommend it if you're using a DVD source. Instead, I'd compress that DVD source as HuffYUV (provided that you have the HuffYUV codec installed) or similar lossless compression. But if you're using DV, you will need to contract those pixels back to square upon export since DV has a habit of stretching them.

Hope that makes some kind of sense.
Yeah ... I use a Mac ... it works and I like it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: DIVX footage.

Post by Scintilla » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:25 pm

eadsja wrote:I am having problems getting my Gordain knot to capture to DivX dvd footage.
You really shouldn't be ripping DVDs to DivX files if you want to edit with them. I suggest reading the relevant parts of <a href="/guides/avtechbeta/">EADBAG</a>.
eadsja wrote:Second, can Div X footage be used in Windows Movie Maker 2 - and will that project be saved as such.
It can, but make sure you disable the logo in the DivX decoder options. And no, WMM2 can't export anything but .WMV and DV AVI.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”