Zarx264gui .. silly fps problem.

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
post-it
Org Profile

Zarx264gui .. silly fps problem.

Post by post-it » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Howdy.
. I downloaded the Zarx264gui v1.31 & AviSynth 2.5.8

. Imported the video & audio. The batch file said, "25/1" .. I changed it to "29.97000/1" and pressed Encode.
. . it ignored the fps update and now the audio's lost its settings and it back in MP3 form and IT sets the encode length
( which cut's-off the video in mid-stream. )

? would it be possible, on your next build, to include a "match audio & video length" thingy?
- just curious 8-)

P.S. I would like to add a step in my encode with either "checkmate.dll" or "De-Banding(gradfun2db-v1.0)" .. ..
where would I put them within the script? ( never used AviSynth in all these years -- guess I'm a little-bit too old school :nose: )

my usual encodes are either 1728 X 768 -or- 632 X 480 @ 44 - 120 fps.
my usual Audio is A52 384k ( which I'd perfer to be left-untouched .. if it can just load/merge it "as is" somehow. )

Q: full task I'm requesting is:
1) match Audio & Video timings.
2) deband (DeHalo) the funky-graduates. ( not sure why that is happening at 32bitAlpha level. ) gradfun2db( clip c, float "thr" )
3) De-Ring the video with checkmate.dll (( someone said this will do it; then forgot to say how!?! ))
4) Quartize: 27
5) Deblock: Alpha -2 Beta -2

can you help please?

signed: Terminally frustrated over the simple things in life ^______^ :beer:

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui .. silly fps problem.

Post by Zarxrax » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Modifying the batch file does not affect an encode that is performed through zarx264gui. If you make any changes to the batch file, then you need to encode by executing the batch file directly.

All framerate conversions and such should be performed in avisynth directly. Why are your video and audio desynched to begin with? That's not a good sign.
I don't know what "A52" audio is. But if you load an mp3 or aac file into zarx264gui, it will be passed through without re-encoding.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:19 am

'A/52' is the ATSC name for AC3.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 am

Qyot27 wrote:'A/52' is the ATSC name for AC3.
Does mp4 accept it natively? I don't think so, but if it does, I can add support I guess.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Does mp4 accept it natively? ...
yes, it does. m4a, a52, ac3, acc and flac files are all seen as the same thing to VLC Players.

A: no, the Audio remained the same length. It was the Video being reduced to 25 fps that un-locked the matched pair.
I work with a minimum of 44 frames per second after separating the two fields to keep things in sync with the original transmission.
Zarxrax wrote:.. All framerate conversions and such should be performed in avisynth directly.
o.k. .. and where do I find, or how is this done; with a gui -or- direct batch file -or- another program all together?

[[ yup, I'm such a Newbe at this that I don't even know if I'm asking the right questions! ]]

"all I'm trying to do is use two filters/plug-in's" which are not available in Virtual Dub, AviDemux nor Sony's Pro 8.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Zarxrax wrote:
Does mp4 accept it natively? I don't think so, but if it does, I can add support I guess.
As of 2008 it does. Support for it was added to mp4box and ffmpeg then, Haali didn't support it until this past March, though. mplayer and VLC have probably supported it for as long as ffmpeg has.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:09 pm

zarx264gui shouldn't be changing the framerate from what it originally was. There was an issue that existed in very early versions, but it should not still be happening in the latest version. If the framerate is being changed, I'd be curious to know what is causing it.

As for learning how to use avisynth, I would suggest either read the documentation that comes with avisynth, or Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:08 am

MP4Box is broken, and far from the only mp4 muxer. It also doesn't support every mp4 standard, as there are like 10 different standards that all use the same extension. It doesn't matter if Haali supports it or not if you just use a different demuxer. lavf supports it and as such all lavf using systems will too. MPlayer and MPC-HC are both capable of it. Stop suggesting or even talking about VLC, it should never be used and as such it is irrelevant to talk about what it does and does not support.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:46 am

Mister Hatt wrote:Stop suggesting or even talking about VLC, it should never be used ...
if not VLC, then what? Media Player??? .. its on you sir.

VLC has solved many issues for me in the past however, I'm always open to new players when the old-stand-by's are not longer advised. 8-)

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:13 pm

post-it wrote:
Mister Hatt wrote:Stop suggesting or even talking about VLC, it should never be used ...
if not VLC, then what? Media Player??? .. its on you sir.

VLC has solved many issues for me in the past however, I'm always open to new players when the old-stand-by's are not longer advised. 8-)
http://www.cccp-project.net/beta/ ─ Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-BETA-2010-08-07.exe

Or mplayer-uau, but heh, mpc-hc is more user-friendly, I guess.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”