Zarx264gui 1.31 - April 11, 2010

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
kickass331
Org Profile

Re: Zarx264gui 1.31 - April 11, 2010

Post by kickass331 » Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:Is the lagarith codec outdated too?
i don't use lagarith, but anything that is not being actively developed is outdated.
ImageImageImageImageImage

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Wed May 19, 2010 2:31 pm

kickass331 wrote:anything that is not being actively developed is outdated.
This is like saying my Pinnacle DC50 is old and therefore shouldn't be used to capture composite video.

No longer supported != outdated != irrelevant

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:57 pm

outlawed wrote:
kickass331 wrote:anything that is not being actively developed is outdated.
This is like saying my Pinnacle DC50 is old and therefore shouldn't be used to capture composite video.

No longer supported != outdated != irrelevant
just so you know, legacy devices should NEVER be used, capturing composite video, while possible for decades, can still be done with better, near-ED quality and better upscale PQ when utilizing a current generation capture card that is firmware upgradable. composite is always interlaced, therefore newer composite capture cards will always be better as deinterlacing technology becomes more efficient and aesthetic

TheRyuu
Org Profile

Post by TheRyuu » Wed May 19, 2010 5:35 pm

kickass331 wrote:
Zarxrax wrote:
kickass331 wrote:i never use avisource, ffmpegsource is better
Depends on what your source actually is...
actually no, avisource is outdated, should never be used.
How is avisource outdated?

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Wed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Composite is NOT always interlaced. Do at least the tiny bit of research before writing something dumb. In what way is avisource outdated? It has a completely different function to FFMS2 and they both have times where they should and shouldn't be used. Stop being so damned stupid already and contribute something useful, or at least correct.

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Thu May 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Mister Hatt wrote:Composite is NOT always interlaced. Do at least the tiny bit of research before writing something dumb. In what way is avisource outdated? It has a completely different function to FFMS2 and they both have times where they should and shouldn't be used. Stop being so damned stupid already and contribute something useful, or at least correct.
my point is completely valid because you don't use capture cards on progressive scan material, NTSC is interlaced, and DVD-Video should not be captured, and capture cards are not the only thing that can capture SD video game footage from consoles. AviSource sucks, and that's my opinion.

Mister Hatt
Org Profile

Post by Mister Hatt » Sat May 22, 2010 11:36 pm

I use capture cards on progressive material every day. Composite capturing was brought up as an example and in no way was it implied that anyone is capturing a DVD. You haven't even given a reason that avisource sucks already you goddamn bigot. I think this is lik the 5th time I've told you: stop being so fucking dumb and contribute something worthwhile or just shut up.

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Sun May 23, 2010 4:41 am

Mister Hatt wrote:I use capture cards on progressive material every day. Composite capturing was brought up as an example and in no way was it implied that anyone is capturing a DVD. You haven't even given a reason that avisource sucks already you goddamn bigot. I think this is lik the 5th time I've told you: stop being so fucking dumb and contribute something worthwhile or just shut up.
avisource sucks because it came with avisynth

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Sun May 23, 2010 5:10 am

kickass331 wrote:avisource sucks because it came with avisynth
How enlightening. Should I also quit using spline36resize for the same reason, perhaps? :roll:

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 am

kickass331 wrote:legacy devices should NEVER be used, capturing composite video, while possible for decades, can still be done with better, near-ED quality and better upscale PQ when utilizing a current generation capture card that is firmware upgradable. composite is always interlaced, therefore newer composite capture cards will always be better as deinterlacing technology becomes more efficient and aesthetic
Yea...I figured you for a troll or someone who can't see the forest for the trees. Awesome commentary about capture card firmware (lol) and de-interlacing you got there. It makes an interesting assumption that one would want or need hardware to de-interlace their captured footage even as flawed as your reasoning is. De-interlacing is the least of worries when capturing. Next time have the decency to bring up a valid concern like oh say luma, chroma, or time-base correction. You know something that matters when capturing footage from 15+ year old sources on VHS or Laserdisc. Do you actually have any experience to comment about the benefits of what capture cards to use when working with analog sources? Because there are a number of comments I could make about what newer card to use instead of my old DC50 and why but you certainly don't.
mirkosp wrote:avisource sucks because it came with avisynth
How enlightening. Should I also quit using spline36resize for the same reason, perhaps? :roll:[/quote]

Yes we should do that. Right after you ban this guy from the video subforums =p. I mean we're working with footage in the NTSC standard which hasn't been actively developed since the 1950s and was recently replaced with ATSC. Clearly our entire operation is flawed on a fundamental level.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”