HDV6 is Mac only. HELP!

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Songbird21
Org Profile

Re: HDV6 is Mac only. HELP!

Post by Songbird21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Oh good lord. I have no idea how to use something like that.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Re: HDV6 is Mac only. HELP!

Post by NeoQuixotic » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Songbird21 wrote:I'm very confused. I went to the ffmpeg site but all the download links I can get to work have multiple files that I can only assume I would hafta combine somehow. Isn't there a complete file you can just download and install? I am very greatful for the help by the way.
When using it in Windows for command line the ffmpeg build will just be in one single .exe (ffmpeg.exe) Grab the latest 32-bit Builds (Static) from the link that LantisEscudo gave earlier (Windows Builds). And for ffmbc, use this link. I recommend using ffmbc because I had issues with ffmpeg bugging out on audio. Extract them to a location, anywhere really, but closer to root directories is helpful. The normal ffmpeg static build has 4 folders in it, the bin folder is where ffmpeg.exe resides. Now ffmbc just extracts to ffmbc.exe and 2 text files. You might be able to use the 64-bit builds if you are on 64-bit Windows. I usually stick to 32-bit unless I know for sure. Being that ffmpeg is generally used for standalone input/output, I wouldn't think it wouldn't matter. So if anyone knows the reason not to use the 64-bit build please tell me.

So here is an example of how I invoked ffmpeg/ffmbc with a .bat file that does not reside in the bin folder.

Code: Select all

D:\Tools\Video\ffmbc\ffmbc.exe -i hdv8.mov -map_audio_channel 0:1:0:0:1:0 -map_audio_channel 0:2:0:0:1:1 -vcodec copy -acodec mp2 -ab 384k HDVmp2.m2t
pause
I add pause to the end of all my batch files so I have a chance to read the window. Without it, the window closes as soon as it finishes or encounters an error.

And to create a batch file (.bat) just create a textfile and rename the .txt extension to .bat. You will need to have "Hide extensions for know filetypes" in Folder Options unchecked to be able to rename the extension. You can edit it with any text editor and when finished simply double click it to run.
Insert clever text/image here.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”