Video distro in real 10.

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
ajew
Org Profile

Video distro in real 10.

Post by ajew » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:04 am

Does anyone have any good examples of amv's made with real 10 that are good examples of it quatily and audio?

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:50 am

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:54 am

Probably not... I'm betting that all the creators who know how to get good quality out of the Real codecs also realize that distributing in RealMedia format isn't a good idea because people don't have/trust RealPlayer and associate RM with low-quality videos meant for streaming.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:01 pm

I made a rm version of MI:1, but I dunno if that's hosted anywhere currently :|

Anyway, this is all liable to change very soon ¬_¬

ajew
Org Profile

Post by ajew » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:13 pm

ya it's to bad that real made themself look bad with all the spyware etc but if you look at it in a noob's point of view, It may be easier to encode then say xvid. To get good reasons I not sure maybe real hard. I found real to be harder but I Not the average user so :o

ajew
Org Profile

Post by ajew » Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:14 pm

I Now this is of topic tab sorry but Is the inloop the best way to stop real from doing it usual smoothing of videos or would a avistyn filter do a better job> Also I sometimes have to put on the noisy edge filter when I try to get very high bitrates out of real which is annoying would haveing sharpest image be better then smoothest motion. Tests for me showed a yes but wondering what you have had experience with.

Corran
Org Profile

Post by Corran » Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:08 pm

ajew wrote:ya it's to bad that real made themself look bad with all the spyware etc
Real never had spyware.

shirohamada
Org Profile

Post by shirohamada » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:27 pm

real alternative ?

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:00 pm

Corran wrote:Real never had spyware.
You deserve a prize, sir.

ajew wrote:I Now this is of topic tab sorry but Is the inloop the best way to stop real from doing it usual smoothing of videos or would a avistyn filter do a better job> Also I sometimes have to put on the noisy edge filter when I try to get very high bitrates out of real which is annoying would haveing sharpest image be better then smoothest motion. Tests for me showed a yes but wondering what you have had experience with.
1. Yes, disabling inloop will eliminate the smoothing, but that smoothing usually does really well with anime. Whatever floats I guess.
2. Noisy edge filter is totally useless, it just replaces two pixels on each edge to make up for noise that can happen from capture sources. Never use it.
3. The image sharpness options do a veritable nothing except at extremely low rates where the codec has to decide whether to discard frames or use heavier compression. I'd recommend smooth or normal, but it really shouldn't matter.

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”