Picture quality in sony vegas help!

This forum is for video and audio help and discussion.

Picture quality in sony vegas help!

Postby BlazingEdge » Thu May 13, 2010 9:24 am

Hey guys im new in this forum and i have a question can someone help me create a picture quality like in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbktCuzHHX4&feature=related i mean from 0:10 to 0:35 that quality

PS:im not sure that this topic should be here :( :( :(
BlazingEdge

Re: Picture quality in sony vegas help!

Postby kickass331 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:54 am

follow the guides. Scintilla, Kitsuner, and godix are the go to gurus. I followed all their guides to the letter and now I'm top notch with quality, see my bleach movie amvs for it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
kickass331

Postby xPiikanyaa » Wed May 19, 2010 2:46 pm

Well to get the best quality you really need DVD-rips and/or HD raw footage. But yeah, i'm no expert. as kickass331 said, Scintilla, Kitsuner, and godix are the people to ask. :3
xPiikanyaa
Phail Whale

Postby godix » Wed May 19, 2010 10:09 pm

kickass331 wrote:follow the guides. Scintilla, Kitsuner, and godix Zarxrax, and mirkosp are the go to gurus. I followed all their guides to the letter and now I'm top notch with quality, see my bleach movie amvs for it.

Fixed that for you. Honestly, how did I ever get in a list of quality gurus? Are you on drugs?
godix
a disturbed member

Postby kickass331 » Thu May 20, 2010 1:22 am

godix wrote:
kickass331 wrote:follow the guides. Scintilla, Kitsuner, and godix Zarxrax, and mirkosp are the go to gurus. I followed all their guides to the letter and now I'm top notch with quality, see my bleach movie amvs for it.

Fixed that for you. Honestly, how did I ever get in a list of quality gurus? Are you on drugs?

geodon 160mg, divalproex 1500mg, concerta 36mg / day
kickass331

Postby BlazingEdge » Thu May 20, 2010 5:27 am

Where can i find those guides ???
BlazingEdge

Postby mirkosp » Thu May 20, 2010 5:50 am

BlazingEdge wrote:Where can i find those guides ???

Read ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides Lovingly Overhauled Largely by Zarxrax.
Those are the quality guides. However, quite a few pages need updates, and some suggestions aren't completely correct. They probably are correct "enough" to be ok in most cases, though.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby BlazingEdge » Thu May 20, 2010 1:04 pm

Thank you about that i will read it and hopefully it will help me ^^ :D :D :D
BlazingEdge

Postby kickass331 » Sat May 22, 2010 12:07 am

do not use vdub or make stupid clips, buy a bunch of flash and hard drives to go with your main solid state disk
kickass331

Postby mirkosp » Sat May 22, 2010 5:08 pm

kickass331 wrote:do not use vdub or make stupid clips, buy a bunch of flash and hard drives to go with your main solid state disk

:| Editing with lossless files directly is faster regardless. And clipping beforehand is a good way to focus on pure editing inside the NLE without thinking of the scene selection too. Of course, everybody has their preferred way to edit, but in no way is lossless clipping stupid.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby kickass331 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:14 pm

mirkosp wrote:
kickass331 wrote:do not use vdub or make stupid clips, buy a bunch of flash and hard drives to go with your main solid state disk

:| Editing with lossless files directly is faster regardless. And clipping beforehand is a good way to focus on pure editing inside the NLE without thinking of the scene selection too. Of course, everybody has their preferred way to edit, but in no way is lossless clipping stupid.

clipping wrong by one second means one more clip to rerender, retime in project, and before you can do that, refind in the file, if you already deleted your source, you have to rerip your source, and if you lose your clips, you have to re do your whole amv instead of just loading a different rip of the same source, if you ever find old project files they are useless unless you use the same source, and clips are just fudgems.
kickass331

Postby mirkosp » Sat May 22, 2010 5:34 pm

It is obvious that you leave the entire scene you need in the clip and not just cut the exact scene that you'll place in the timeline... you just need a rough cut. Also when you're done with a video, you're done with it. If you want to remaster an old project or finish an old one, chances are you'll want to overhaul the quality and improve the editing too... so perhaps you'd be picking different scenes altogether.
That said, I personally convert whole episodes/DVDs to lossless. I prefer to clip inside of premiere, but editing with the lossless is a must to speed up. Seeking a lossless is faster than seeking an avs that loads and deinterlaces a d2v.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby kickass331 » Sat May 22, 2010 5:46 pm

mirkosp wrote:It is obvious that you leave the entire scene you need in the clip and not just cut the exact scene that you'll place in the timeline... you just need a rough cut. Also when you're done with a video, you're done with it. If you want to remaster an old project or finish an old one, chances are you'll want to overhaul the quality and improve the editing too... so perhaps you'd be picking different scenes altogether.
That said, I personally convert whole episodes/DVDs to lossless. I prefer to clip inside of premiere, but editing with the lossless is a must to speed up. Seeking a lossless is faster than seeking an avs that loads and deinterlaces a d2v.

well no duh avs is slow, postprocessing in real time blows. However, clipping is a useless step. it is only necessary if your rig is super slow since vegas has a great tool that allows you to accurately manipulate your source segment's timeframe
kickass331

Return to Video & Audio Help