Live Streaming Video from USB

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Live Streaming Video from USB

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 am

This is hard, I think.
As title says, I have an USB output for video and I'm actually searching
for any FAQ or help to be able to Stream it Live as a Web TV. I also have the right Video Card for Encoding and stuff.
It is actually for a former Web TV, the video is composite.

Is there any first step to take here? :book:
I have not been able to find any guide for this over the web, do you have any idea or I gave not enough infos?
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Live Streaming Video from USB

Post by mirkosp » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Well... while I don't know much about how to send the info embedded in a page as a live video, you'll definitely have to set your codecs to be able to encode a stream quickly and be decode even faster. A good A/V codec combo for streaming purpose is x264+CELT. As far as x264 is concerned you'll want to use a recent revision... I'd say any revision made after mid-January 2010 will have settings that will help for streaming, and you should probably use --tune zerolatency possibly along with other settings, although I'm not sure. As for the build, you can get one made by JEEB here. Getting 1471 is probably a good idea, but any post 1400 revision will probably do fine. Now, as far as the audio is concerned, you can get a build of CELT, here (never encoded with it so I'm not sure about what settings to suggest). I've never personally dealt with A/V encoding for streaming purposes, so this is about as far as I can help you with... this is probably step 1 and there's other stuff like how to actually stream this encode which I honestly know nothing about. You might need to set up a page but perhaps not - there probably is some way to just use your IP and port to directly stream the info into the receiver's player, but I wouldn't know how.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Re: Live Streaming Video from USB

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:28 am

You are indeed giving a great tips there, Mirko.
I also found some interesting sites that actually let you go Live on a selected host, it costs but it works.
I'm following your advices, thanks for the deep help. ;] Hope to be able to give the help back one day.
ImageImage

Return to “Video & Audio Help”